Castle night stay~ALONE - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Castle night stay~ALONE Castle night stay~ALONE

Unread 04-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

Thanks- I was debating the issue of course I want DH to stay but we have 3 children at home that will need him and have to go to school so I guess I will be fine alone - I hope I sleep that is my biggest problem as I don't sleep in hospitals so hopefully I'll be drugged up enough to get to sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

DH will bring me to the hospital and stay for the surgery but once I get to my room, I'll send him home. I just want to sleep and he doesn't have to watch me sleep! We still have 6 kids at home and our own business so he will have lots to do but I know he'll come visit as often as he can, but he will definitely sleep at home. My GYN told me that this surgery will be harder on me than my C-sections so although most people go home two days later he said I can stay until I feel that I am ready to go home because of the size of my family.
Unread 04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

I haven't decided if I want my husband to stay or not. Last time I was in the hospital, I couldn't sleep despite being enormously doped up and I got really upset when he left, so I think we may call it as we go. We don't have any kids, but our neighbors can check on the furkids for us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

We have decided so far that he will take me to hospital on surgery day at 6 am and then go to work. I wont be home till Friday anyway so there is no point in both of us losing pay. This is my 4th surgery so we kinda know I wont have much to say on day one anyway. Just a quick call to the kids at night to let them know I am ok. He will be taking off for 5 dyas after to help and our youngest son is in th Special Olympics on Tues the 8th, so he will be representing us (Even though I am hping to feel goo enough to go, its a real big deal to him). I think everyone is doing so great at reaching a plan that is right for them. Have a great day Ladies!
Colleen
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:10 AM
DH and hospital stay

My DH is going to go home after I get out of recovery and then come back in the morning after he takes the kids to school.

Jenn
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Castle night stay~ALONE

My sil is watching our daughter and my dh is going to stay with me the whole time. That's just how we are. We don't do anything without each other. We don't even go to Wal-Mart alone. He was deployed last summer and that was so hard. When he's home we are attached to each other. With him being there he'll be able to help me in the night. I'm a big baby and love it when he helps take care of me. When he is sick I treat him like a baby. We're great together.
Unread 04-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

I needed my hubby to push that darn button for me for a couple of hours...I had a hard time with my PCA pump. But after I got the management of that under control I was unstoppable and he certainly could have gone home more than he did. He stayed the first night but I had to be there a couple of days and he went home the rest of the evenings. I did just fine and was glad for him to be rested when I returned home. He jokes that it gave him time to mess up and re-clean my house!
Unread 04-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

I'm scheduled for the 15th of May, and I'm not sure what DH will be doing. I would prefer the no snore, no fuss route, and I think he will too.
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Castle night stay~ALONE

I also sent my dh home too (we got 4 kids), the nurses are in and out soooo much that first night he wouldn't get any sleep anyways. You got the drugs to help you sleep he won't ..lol. I was in from Friday to Monday (but I got a temperature to extend my stay) but I stayed alone each night. You'll want to feel free to sleep when you want and not feel obligated to try to stay awake to talk to dh. Good luck...I am one week post op.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register