I'm curious...what exactly is everyone afraid of? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm curious...what exactly is everyone afraid of? I'm curious...what exactly is everyone afraid of?

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm curious...what exactly is everyone afraid of?

best wishes to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM

Sweetersgrl and diiiigafs, I will be saying a prayer for you both. My thoughts are with you both, please try and let us know as soon as possible how you both are doing, then think of all the great advice you can give us while we still wait and go crazy.......
I'll be for you both!

Canice, nice to meet you, I have alot of the same fears, I feel a little better with the Dr. consult. You sound alot like my house hold, his, hers and ours we have a total of 7(only 4 live with us). Always something going on, how do you survive? Never a dull moement
Unread 05-03-2007, 01:51 AM

More than anything I hate the idea of not being able to do anything afterwards!

Hugs,
PearlS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 08:50 AM

PearlS,
Yep, I agree. I'm always the cleaner, organizer, shopper, meal cooker, taxi service, laundry, and the list goes on and on. I went through a really bad panic attack this past weekend just because I kept thinking of all the things I won't be able to do or take care of. I think with me its a freaky control thing that only I can do it right and the feeling of losing that control is what gets me panicky............make sense? I'm not too sure it does but it sounds good to me!LOL
Unread 05-03-2007, 10:16 AM

UofM (I went to State btw!)

That's me too. Letting go of the household duties for awhile. Making sure my 3rd grade son has what he needs for school and all the end of the year field trips. I don't want to make so many notes my hubby thinks I smothering him. I know he can do this. I just want things to run smoothly so he doesn't get all cranky!
Unread 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM

I'd say it's twofold really - I'm nervous that they are going to find something different when they get in there, and then how I'm going to care for my family afterwards - my sister moved earlier this year to SC, and I don't really have any other family up here that I can count on, and with two small kids (9 and 2) and a disabled husband - I'm the "able bodied" one around here - so me being laid up for any length of time is a challenge at best.
Unread 05-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Hmm.. my worries and fears. I had a fair crop of both and Laura I think this was a great thread to launch for everyone! What was founded and what unfounded?

Dying.. thought about it, but did not feel it was my time.. unfounded and founded.. I am here!

My husband just would not cope without me, I do everything around here.. founded.. he is in way over his head bless him.

Pain.. hospitals have never controlled my pain and I did think that the American hospital would.. thought I would have the epidural but my anaesthesiologist told me this surgery is not really painful enough for that.. during the 2nd night after surgery I honestly wanted to confront him.. I actually intend to complain to him about that one so other women don't suffer. I bet if they were going to put 3 lines of stitches in his penis he would think it was painful enough then wouldn't he??
I had complications with my spine and terrible sciatica on top.. the morphine pump was doing next to nothing. Founded.

Nausea.. I honestly did not think I would have this. After my D&C in February I had no nausea at all, same hospital. This time I woke up vomiting and did not stop until Saturday morning 2 days later. Founded.

My furbabies would jump on me. Well.. my 90lbs one did after a couple of days home.. his huge paw went straight into my tummy and I yelled in pain and panic bringing hubby and eldest stepson running and Scout was well told off for it. Luckily it seems he did not hit anything vital because I do not seem to have any ill effects.. my 93lbs furbaby has been as gentle as can be.. sniffing at my tummy and then licking and licking me. Founded.

The long term success of the operation.. time will tell.
Unread 05-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Hi everyone. I'm having a radical TAH on May 12th for stage 1 cervical cancer. My fears vary by the moment. I go from afraid of dying to the fear that the cancer has gone beyond stage 1, to the PAIN, to how I will feel in the recovery room, to how we will financially manage since disability pays less than a third of what I normally make, to what will my hubby do if there are complications, to.....you name it. My method is to try to only think about 1 fear at a time. If another pops into my head, I have to either ignore it or let the other one go. I find that praying for others who I know that need help can be calming.
Well, hopefully I'll be able to tell all of you the fears were mostly unfounded and that I'm healthy and cancer free in the very near future - God willing!
Unread 05-03-2007, 06:00 PM

Hi. I am new. My biggest fear is that sex will never be the same. I've just really started to enjoy my new partner and I am really happy. But my body needs to be repaired- waiting to schedule a TVH, with bladder sling, and A&P repair. I'll be keeping my ovaries.
Just really nervous about it.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Heather
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM

yes, I am afraid to die. I have been feeling this way for a while. My surgery is Wednesday. My last surgery, the nurse said I gave them a scare because they couldn't wake me. Scared they won't be able to wake me this time. Help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register