adenomyomectomy Anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenomyomectomy Anyone? adenomyomectomy Anyone?

Unread 08-20-2013, 01:24 AM
adenomyomectomy Anyone?

To start I'm sorry If this is in the wrong spot.. I'll use the I'm new excuse?

Been doing lots of research on other options for adenomyosis, endometriosis and severe retroverted uterus which causes so much pain! 1st opinion from new gyn said I only have 3 options.. #1-Deal with it.. Which I have been doing for 6 years and can't deal with pain and heavy bleeding another month! #2- Lupron shots which seems to me the bad side effects wouldn't be worth it as I would still have the pain from sex with retroverted uterus.. I've already dealt with thyroid problem for past 4 years and just now getting levels straightened out! Not ready to jump into more hormonal problems lol and #3- Hysterectomy.. Which he gave me about 2 mins of his time to ask 3 questions before he bolted n scheduled my lupron shots before I even said that's what I wanted! Anyways long story short I'm sorry! Has anyone had an adenomyomectomy. I could only find old posts and I know this technology changes so much! I'm already starting to look for 2nd opinion but doing my research it seems hysterectomy will be the only option to fix all my problems.. I'm only 25 and still on fence.. But I've hit the point where I'm so desperate to be out of pain every 2 weeks and not to mention enjoy sex again! Any help or advice would be so greatly appreciated! I'm just happy I'm not alone like I thought I have been for so long with this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Re: adenomyomectomy Anyone?

Britmorg, I would definitely get a 2nd opinion! You deserve to be treated with respect, which clearly you weren't You have a lot to deal with at only 25, make sure you ask lots of questions & don't feel pressured into anything! Good luck & keep us posted!!

Deb
P.S....we visited Nashville at the beginning of the month & we LOVED it! Downtown was very....interesting, but fun
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:56 PM

Thank you so much for your reply!! Sadly I've only been downtown a couple times as we've only been here a year and a half and I'm always feeling too crappy to walk around that much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2013, 06:33 PM

Hello

Just wanted to let you know that I am here for you if you need me.......I had an adenomyomectomy 2 weeks ago.
I was told by EVERY Dr. that total hysterectomy was my only option.....IT IS NOT YOUR ONLY OPTION!
I will be more than happy to answer your questions.
It has only been 17 days since I had this major operation.....through open abdominal surgery.
I move slow and I am careful but seriously haven't missed a beat.
All of the aggression, and fowl moods are gone.....
This disease took all the goodness out of my life....
and I have never felt so alone. I would be happy to help anyone I can.
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:07 PM

Hi. I'm new too and think I have a similar problem, ie, adenomyosis and enlarged uterus. I had a Mirena IUD (not sure if you have this brand in the US?) put in a couple of months ago and so far not helping. Dr wants me to keep perservering with it for a few more months and, if it continues not to work, to look at ablation and then and only then hysterectomy. Others (not doctors) have said don't mess around, get the hysterectomy. I am in a different position to you though as I am in my 40s and finished my family 10 years ago. Good luck with everything.
Unread 01-15-2014, 02:02 PM

I'm new too and with a similar problem. I was told by my doctor that I have a first degree uterine prolapse, a rectocele and an enterocele. I also have moderate adenomyosis. None of these things make my life unbearable. I bleed heavily for about a day, making leaving the house next to impossible, and the pain has (at times) been severe. I am scheduled for surgery on March 3rd, for the adenomyectomy, and repair of the enterocele and rectocele. I am only 40 and a hysterectomy seemed too extreme for me, but I am SCARED of the recovery period. I am a fairly active person - chasing a 4 and 5 year old when I'm not working or doing yoga. Looking for others with experience to see what the recovery is like.
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefull1 View Post
Hello

Just wanted to let you know that I am here for you if you need me.......I had an adenomyomectomy 2 weeks ago.
I was told by EVERY Dr. that total hysterectomy was my only option.....IT IS NOT YOUR ONLY OPTION!
It has only been 17 days since I had this major operation.....through open abdominal surgery.
I am new to this site, please tell us how you are doing after your adenomyomectomy, are you free of pain now?, how was your recovery? Where did you have it done? I only found one doctor in PA that performs this surgery, I live in Florida, but I am so desperate, I am willing to travel there to have it done...
Unread 07-23-2015, 09:29 AM
adenomyomectomy Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefull1 View Post
Hello

Hi, could you please let me know how you are now? Has the surgery worked. I am due to have a myomectomy in August, it will be done by keyhole surgery. Medical professionals are not agreeing in diagnosis my gyno thinks the mass is a large fibroid, other opinions have confirmed focal Adenomyosis. I am petrified of making the wrong choice but I am so desperate as I can't take much more of this pain. I have been suffering for 21 yrs, I have PCOS, Endometriosis/ahesisions, Adenomyosis. I would be grateful for your reply. X

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register