Going to the castle Tuesday 8/31, what do I bring? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going to the castle Tuesday 8/31, what do I bring? Going to the castle Tuesday 8/31, what do I bring?

Unread 08-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Going to the castle Tuesday 8/31, what do I bring?

Ok I am getting everything ready but what should I bring to the castle? I am one of those who over pack everytime I go anywhere. What will I use? I know a toothbrush and paste but what will I wear? If I bring a robe can I actually use it with IV's out my arm? I am wondering??? what did you use? what didn't you use? I definately have chapstick. Ok panic is setting in...can't think clearly. Help!

Karien
TAH BSO 8/31/04 due to heavy bleeding which caused anemia, huge clots and pain...Oh the pain! :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2004, 07:41 PM

This is the list of things I wouldn't have survived without:
1. Two extra fluffy pillows
2. Very loose PJ's and a robe. Make sure the sleeve is wide enough so th IV can go through it.
3. Large panties
4. Slippers
5. Camera. I took pictures of the doctors, nurses, visitors, etc.

These are the things I didn't need and just went for a visit:
1. a book
2. my purse
3. my make up (LOL)

I hope you find this useful. I will be praying for you
ANITA
Unread 08-28-2004, 07:42 PM

Hi karien-
I think that I am in total denial... I too am going in on Tuesday and I have have it planned for so long that I think it is so far away... What type of hyst. are you having? I am having a tvh with a spinal. (also with sedation.),... I will be thinking of you and I hope all goes well for you. Talk to youon the other side.. Tracey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2004, 09:25 PM

Don't forget slippers (the slip-on, scuff kind) and socks in case your feet get cold!

I was going to bring my own jammies and robe, but decided against it so I don't have to worry about staining my own stuff. But if it's gonna make you feel better, by all means bring your own!

I'm also going to bring some of my favorite lotion, a trial size of shampoo, and some of those Oral-B tooth wiping thingies (for when I can't actually brush my teeth). Even though I'm not a big lip balm person, everyone here seems to swear that I'll need it, so I'm bringing some along.

Good luck!
Unread 08-28-2004, 10:44 PM

HI, Ladies!
Had so much fun with a thread similar to this one right before my trip to the castle. Really enjoyed hearing the tips.
I'll be 6 wks. post-op on Monday, so here are my suggestions.

I wore the hospital gowns the whole time I was in the castle. For me, it was much easier. I did have and use my own robe and slippers but their slipper-socks were comfy. (remember - you are going to WALK!) (very stylish, let me tell you). Pack the little trial sizes of deodorant, shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste - you will feel SO good smelling YOUR fragrances - even a little body splash as well as your brush/comb. Hand wipes are a good idea too and yes, the chapstick/lip gloss helps too.
I'm an avid reader but was really in no mood to read - couldn't keep my mind on much of anything but rest/sleep. Maybe a nice magazine would be good - "mindless reading".
OH.......TAKE YOUR OWN PILLOW (or two) - DEFINITELY HELPFUL!
You'll need soft/comfy clothes for going home but someone can bring that to you later, if you want.
We'll be thinking about and praying for you!
Blessings and hugs!
AMF
Unread 08-28-2004, 11:19 PM

Hi IM so glad someone else asked this question LOL I have re packed my suit case 3 X today... I didnt think I would go so crazy... IM glad someone said to use the gowns at the castle, I kept thinking I wanted mine but what if they got stained... I forgot that they would supply them...LOL I thought maybe a crossword puzzle or even a little hand held game would be handy.??? Thanks for all the other ideas
Unread 08-29-2004, 07:06 AM

Oh thank you for your replies! I have printed them and am off to the store to go to the "trial" size section... Wally world here I come! The last hurrah until I am on the other side and am allowed to go there again LOL

Anitabonita...I will bring my camera this is a huge event in my life and I don't want to forget the wonderful people who will help me!
Thank you.
Tlynns...I am having complete abdominal with a bikini incision and they will remove everything...uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix. phew! it is called...TAH BSO. I go in the castle at 5:30 am the 31st so I will make a special prayer for all us going in that day since I will be in so early and you hopefully you will still be sleeping LOL
MJD2491... I think I will bring those new oral wiping thingies cause I can't stand when my mouth is yuky. Thanks
AMF...Congrats! hope you are feeling well... hand wipes yes I will bring those too! I love to read too but since my divorce I find it hard to read (4 years now) so I too will bring in one of those nice magazines to do some "mindless reading" which means look at pictures! LOL Really?... bring my own pillows? hmmm... OK
Stephers...God Bless You! You go before I so I will be thinking and praying for you. I do crosswords too but fear Mr Morphine may make me a bit crosseyed to do crosswords! good luck! LOL

Well my sisters...I seem to do something then I find my self coming back to the computer to read and reply and post and read some more...I can't seem to get enough of this site. I love you all and am thankful for finding this site. I am alone in all this and it sure helps to know I am truly not alone...

God Bless Us All!
Karien
TAH BSO 8/31/04 due to heavy bleeding, huge clots...anemia and pain..."Oh the Pain"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register