pre-op was this morning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op was this morning pre-op was this morning

Unread 08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
pre-op was this morning

I met with my dc. this morning to go over stuff. He's very quiet and he's the husband of my normal gyn. I liked him alot!! Got to the castle for blood work and pee test. My blood pressure was 150/100! She said "are you alittle nervous?" Duhh. It's normally around 130/89. I didn't need an ekg or chest x-ray. And NO bowel prep! I was so excited! I also only have a 6 week check up. He said if I have any problems or questions feel free to call but doesn't seem to think I'll have problems. I did tell him I'm due for my final period next week and he said it didn't matter at all, so 1 week from today it's hello TAH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM
pre-op was this morning

I know what you mean on the bp. I did my pre op yesterday and when the girl took mine it was 155/103. lol. I just told her to take it again, that I was nervous. I knew when I went to the hosp and the nurse there took it and when it didn't register the first time and started pumping up again I knew it was going to be high again. I told her I did the same thing just an hour ago at the dr's. She took it again and I finally got it low enough for her to say ok. I just got my time to be there and I'm very upset, it's 1:30. Oh well, I'll just have to grin and bear it.
Good luck
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
!

Pre-OP was scary for me. I cried the whole way home because I think it was finally a reality that I was going through with it. I am 5 weeks post op. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 11:36 PM
pre-op was this morning

My pre-op is on Monday. I was told it's not much. A blood test, fill in some paperwork, pre-admit, what else?? I have to work that day and I go in on Tues for the big OP. What's this about gas?? Everyone says they have bad gas afterwards?? I know they may pump you full of gas to see better, but for days afterward???
Any advice will be appreciated.
Unread 08-16-2008, 05:50 AM
pre-op was this morning

It sounds like you had a good pre-op visit. My blood pressure sometimes reads a bit higher when I'm nervous too ( mine's normally around 100/70 ).

I'm sending good wishes that everything will go smoothly for you.

S
Unread 08-16-2008, 07:35 AM
pre-op was this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanid
My pre-op is on Monday. I was told it's not much. A blood test, fill in some paperwork, pre-admit, what else?? I have to work that day and I go in on Tues for the big OP. What's this about gas?? Everyone says they have bad gas afterwards?? I know they may pump you full of gas to see better, but for days afterward???
Any advice will be appreciated.
I had gas pains for about 2 weeks. I took GAS-X, they really work. You have to watch what you eat because the gas pains can come back through-out your recovery. You will feel very bloated when the gas hits, but take GAS-X if it happens. The first 2 weeks was when I experienced alot of major gas pains.
Unread 08-18-2008, 02:25 PM
pre-op

Went in for the blood test this a.m. (I go in tomorrow at 07:30 a.m.) They took my weight too, not a big deal. I asked about the gas thing, and they said that if they arn't doing it laparascopically assisted (which they arn't) that they wouldn't have to blow my abdomen up with gas. So I shouldn't experience gas problems-at least not extreme. It is important to let it go though and not hold it in.
I'm relatively calm, but still a little afraid. I saw the surgeon this a.m. too and it was just good to see him. He said " I hope you get a good nights sleep, I know I will." God, I didn't even think of that!! Now I'll probably never get to sleep!!
I'll be glad this time next week!!
Thanks for all the replies. I expect to be on this site more after I'm back home!!
Bye for now.
Unread 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
pre-op was this morning

Hanid,
Good luck tomorrow. You will do fine and it is always best to have early morning surgery, leaves less time to panic about it. Try to get a good night's rest and we are all here for you for your recovery.

Best of luck, Hugs and Happy Thoughts!
Unread 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
pre-op was this morning

Good luck tomorrow, glad you have an early surgery time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register