4 weeks post endometrial ablation for fibroid issues - heavy bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post endometrial ablation for fibroid issues - heavy bleeding 4 weeks post endometrial ablation for fibroid issues - heavy bleeding

Unread 11-12-2015, 04:55 AM
4 weeks post endometrial ablation for fibroid issues - heavy bleeding

Hi ladies.
So I had an endometrial ablation on October 16th 2015 due to large fibroids on the uterus lining. After surgery experienced watery discharge for about 7 to 10 days. Following the discharge I begin to experience severe abdominal pains on my left side I went to the ER concerning the pain and they sent me home feeling this was normal post op. 4 days later I awoke to heavy bleeding and clotting. The pain has subsided but now I have heavy bleeding. I went back to the ER and they explained that this too was normal both of these symptoms were also followed by low grade fevers. I'm currently three and a half weeks almost four weeks post op and I'm bleeding heavy. the pain is gone however I can't explain why I'm passing clots after having a surgery that was supposed to prevent heavy bleeding. Not to mention I don't believe this is my monthly period but then again I really don't know and in any event I didn't bleed this heavy before I had the EA surgery.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms I'm in the process of getting a second opinion. I am so frustrated and overwhelmed. I sincerely just need some feedback or support on where to go from here. I've been dealing with fibroid issues for several years now and I felt that this was the best way to bring relief however I'm beginning to see after reading many of your post and other blogs that the EA surgery is not all it's cracked up to be. My doc was not forthcoming with all the pros and the cons associated with this surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register