question about clots - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question about clots question about clots

Unread 02-13-2006, 10:59 AM
question about clots

I can so relate to what everyone has wrote; I used to have HUGH clots standing up ,sitting down it didn`t matter what a PAIN to flood through everything despite wearing several hugh pads and tampons Ultrasound had showed a HUGH(and growing rapidly) fibriod and post -surgical pathology report found adenomyosis to boot no wonder the heavy bleeding and pain............It`s wonderful to have it be a thing of the past although it`s been so recent , I still can`t believe it`s actually a thing of the past!!!!!!! Best of Luck to all you ladies -in-waiting........life is WONDERFUL on the other side!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2006, 12:05 PM
question about clots

AH yes... the clots. You will all be sooooo lucky after the surgery. My surgery is still to close (1/19) to have had reality set in - NO MORE PERIODS - I just can;t fathom it yet. I work with several other women who suffer bad periods and the faces we women make when we know we are about to lose it 'down there'!!!! At work we now just tell eachother - 'GO - I;ll cover for you (and check the chair you were in and watch you walk away and tell you if there are any visable stains on your clothes.....)

No more !!! Yippeeee.
Unread 02-13-2006, 07:32 PM
question about clots

Thankyou all for your answers. Its given me some insight. My problems don't seem as bad as yours but in looking back I can see things over the last 1 1/2 years progressively getting worse. Its so great to be able to talk about these things. I grew up with "shh, its a private matter" and "buck up girl, all women go through this and its not so bad". Always figured I was normal and told my daughters the same things I was told. When my older girl went to emerge with terrible cramps and a nasty clot she actually kept and showed the doc, she finally got things investigated and was diagnosed with endo and adeno, and that's when I finally realized I wasn't normal. I was shocked when my doctor told me that I was a heavy bleeder-wasn't sure to believe her and then found a site (I'll have to put it in references) where you can get a good guestimate and I then I was really shocked.
Good to hear that others do "spot checks" for each other--my girls and I did that for each other whenever we went out. Thought we were just kind of weird, although it was neccessary for peace of mind.
Hmm, sorry for rambling but its good to talk to someone who can understand. Thanks again!
Unread 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM
question about clots

I was shocked when I read clots really shouldn't be larger than dime size, I'm talk egg- and apple-size.Ouch. it's amazing what we live with because we should "tough it out" I was going to the restroom every 15-20 minutes at work to avoid the dreaded blowout and know where every restroom is at every mall and store in a 20 mile radius.

Two days and counting til I go to the Castle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register