Doc is my Co-worker | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doc is my Co-worker Doc is my Co-worker

Unread 05-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Doc is my Co-worker

Okay so he & I have very little daily interaction but we do work at the same place. Ready for my irrational (not) fear? I am such a kidder and love to brighten everyone's day. People really open up to me and I have tons of friends here at work. <here's the kicker> What if I say something while I am "under the influence" that I wouldn't normally say?

I know that everyone there is a professional and that hear all types of things all of the time. But they will also be people that I work with!!! I just know that payback is coming to me.

When I had my gallbladder removed, they handed me the phone to ask maintenance to make it cooler in there AS THEY WERE GIVING ME THE INJECTION. Needless to say the maint. guys were cracking up over the stuff I was telling them. And yes I still love everyone involved.

What happens if this time it is worse? Much, much worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Doc is my Co-worker

Grin and bare it. I bet they all love you too and would be too nasty to you

God bless, you sound like such a joy to work with and I'm sure they will take extra special care of you
Unread 05-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Doc is my Co-worker

LOL Sorry I had to laugh at this one! I'm sure whatever they hear they will have already heard alot worse! {{{HUGS}}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Doc is my Co-worker

Sounds like they will be disappointed if you don't do something to make them laugh. I am sure it will be fine no matter what you do or say. Just think you will be brightening thier day and not be aware of it.
Unread 05-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Doc is my Co-worker

Don't worry....it will be fine, maybe it's like drinking, you are just more apt to say things you really feel, I would take full advantage of it....lol...
Unread 05-24-2004, 06:44 AM
coming out of surgery

when I first became semi consious after back surgery, I started telling dirty jokes. I NEVER tell dirty jokes. I didn't even know I knew them. I could hear my voice saying them, and kept rambling.

They just talked to me, and didn't act like I was weird, even though "airhead" might be a word sometimes used when talking about me by my friends.

Another time coming out of general anesthestic from a D and C, I was crying because I visualized we were all just little white dots on a black universe, and that was all there was to life, just a lot of little white dots. It made me very sad and I just bawled. The nurse anesthesitist was very comforting and said the anesthetic does all kinds of things to the brain and to thoughts, and to not worry.

After my tubal I came out puking up chunks of food, and the nurse yelled at me saying I had eaten past the deadline. (I hadn't) but I was too busy trying to breathe and turn my head to the side to argue with her.

So I know what you mean about not being in control. They will just have to deal with it, and it sounds like they love you and may tease you, but you will take it in stride. I don't mind being teased about things that are out of my control. It isn't like you have a choice about what you will say or do. Think of it as your only chance to act really really stupid and get away with it. (Well, actually there are a lot of chances!

Who knows what we will say. Who cares?
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Doc is my Co-worker

Goodness, your post could have been written by me! I too work with my doc, my office is in the OB department (which is also where I plan to do my recovery) so I see him nearly everyday and the nurses taking care of me are some of my closest friends.

I've had two generals this year (never had one before February). The first time I was absolutly paranoid about saying something I shouldn't. (We've all got secrets ya know ) Apparently I never "spilled the beans" or else if I did nobody had acknowledged it yet.
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Doc is my Co-worker

I have this same fear. My Dr and I have had an interesting and sometimes comical relationship and I fear saying something like, "You are such a hotty" or even worse!! Hopefully that won't happen!! If it does, it probably won't be the first time. I used to work at this hospital and am glad I no longer work there. - Maybe you could suggest that you didn't feel like any funny stuff this time and that would help.

Diana
Unread 05-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Doc is my Co-worker

My situation is somewhat similar ..
We only have one Urology specialty office in my town. And I used to work there. When I found out I needed a bladder suspension along with my hyst. & repairs, I was nervous about having the docs I know getting to know the more intimate side of me, if you get my drift .. they know me fully clothed and I didn't necessarily want them to intimately become involved with my bottom half.
So .. I picked a Dr. who was new there and I didn't know well, but was assured he was terrific!
Actually having a relationship with the office has been a plus. I feel I get real special treatment .. because I know who to ask for and how things work there.
Us redheads must be similar in more ways then one. I too am the "class clown" and always teasing .. in fact have to watch myself because I have learned that some people don't like to be teased.
Must be a defense mechanism to all the teasing WE got as kids, having red hair! LOL.
Kathy
Unread 05-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Doc is my Co-worker

Being quite short (4' 10 1/2") and having red hair, I have always stood out in a crowd. And I grew up in a neighborhood of me and 12 boys. So needless to say I can hold my own.

I think I am going to take the advice to "go for broke" and just be myself. Worst thing that can happen is that I won't be asked to be in the company talent show! Big loss! NOT

My best friend said he was going to make sure and stop by as soon as I was out of recovery.... and bring along his tape recorder! That little turkey had better watch it. I know the skeltons in his closet by name & date!

Thanks everyone! It's great to have "systers" like you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register