May the 4th be with you | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May the 4th be with you May the 4th be with you

Unread 04-07-2016, 05:20 PM
May the 4th be with you

Headed to the castle on May 4th....terrified and elated all at the same time, there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Re: May the 4th be with you

The date makes a more of a reality doesn't it? It really seemed to help me to start walking a little more, and increase more fiber a few weeks before(with extra water of course). I didn't have any of the tummy troubles some of our sisters did. (But I don't tend to, and didn't have to take much pain meds either)

When I found myself dwelling on it, I cooked...(Great recipes on this site) Uhhhh admittedly I didn't have to cook for 3 months after

Unread 04-07-2016, 05:58 PM

I'm still in a little bit of shock that insurance reacted so quickly I'm sure the dwelling will come soon. I have been on pain pills since my failed ablation....so I've upped the fiber and water already All advice greatly appreciated though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2016, 12:56 PM

I just want to say....your thread title is super cute and made me LOL! For real!

It's even funnier when you say it out loud.

You are too cute!!
Unread 04-08-2016, 04:55 PM

haha, glad it make you laugh. I work with a few Star Wars "nerds" who always say May the 4th be with you on the fourth of May, so when the nurse called and told me I was approved and on the surgery schedule for May 4th, its all I could think of
Unread 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM

That's my date as well, just had my preop yesterday. Dr did another endometrial biopsy. So happy that's the last one of those I will need to have.

She did one a couple of years ago before my novasure that failed..... Not looking forward to surgery but happy to evict this uterus.
Unread 04-08-2016, 09:15 PM
May the 4th be with you

As a huge Star Wars fan, I'd say that is the perfect surgery date! You'll feel the force following through you!
Good luck!
Unread 04-10-2016, 05:29 AM

Kdogs, that date seems so far away doesn't it? It didn't when she called me but now it seems like forever. Soon though all will be better!

I thought that about the force too, will be helping me in recovery I'm sure
Unread 04-10-2016, 04:50 PM

It does seem far away but April is a third over already. I'm making myself nervous planning. I've bought several loose big skirts, tunic tops and leggings from Lula Roe to wear afterwards.

I'm sure I'm a bit crazy but we have a puppy coming home on the 7th. We placed a deposit on a litter before o scheduled. So at least I'll have lost of puppy snuggles while recovering and she will be good for slow walks around the block after hubby gets home.
Unread 04-10-2016, 08:51 PM

It will go by quick make sure you are gathering the things you need and make your plans. I'm going in Thursday and have known for five weeks. I feel ready to spend down time and have everything I will need. Best of luck to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register