Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 149 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Kathie, take it easy with DH, you want to have energy left for sightseeing ; )

Denise, I think it's funny that your GYN is married to another GYN- imagine their small talk over dinner... how was your day, dear?

I am feeling very good today- me & BF took a longish walk along the beachfront, then went to DQ and got Blizzards!! YUM!

Then I dragged the poor man into TJ Maxx, looking for some pants with a drawstring waist or a little elastic... but nothing fit right, I am tall... I am gonna hang in there, this swelling is just temporary, right?

p.s. they has all kinds of purses in there, but I couldn't really concentrate with BF there... and you KNOW it is such a big decision what purse will be "just right"! I might go back there alone...
BF has gone to the gym now, after instructing me to REST. So I am, really this time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Did too much....!

Hey everyone,

I too have had that pulling sensation in my lower belly. When I was walking yesterday I felt a sharp twinge - almost like a stitch being pulled out. Yesterday, after my second time around the block I was a bit tired, but this morning I'm feeling it. I thought I was alright, but I got up to puree some veges for my son's food - have to hide them on him- and I was standing a bit too much and had to come and put my feet up.

I also have sore hips from walking. I think that's normal given that we've been immobile for so long. It doesn't take much to get out of shape!

Still, 8 days to go! Don't push too hard, take it one day at a time, go slowly, ahhhh..... ok

dd2 brought me a cuppa so I'll sign off!
chat later.

sydneybug - where in BC are you?
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Can we dust yet? I've seen various opinions on what we can and can't do at this point. I think this is light house work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Can we dust yet? I've seen various opinions on what we can and can't do at this point. I think this is light house work...
I guess it depends on the bunnies....are they big dust bunnies or little dust bunnies?

In my house.....dusting is heavy house work. Heavy 'cause no one picks up the duster 'cause it must be too heavy!
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I think we can dust? There's a list of things on this site that you can look at - recommended or whatever. I think it also depends on what kind of surgery you had - abdominal vs. vaginal. And on the extensiveness of the surgery.

For me, I'm milking it for all it's worth - so I can't do it yet!!!
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Thanks ladies. I have a "shrunk" my DH was in the Army and be bought it in Germany any how it is big and dusty! I guess I'll add it to my DD chores. Good thing I've bought her some clothes yesterday. It was a trade off for her extra help around the house.
Unread 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM

I was going to make dinner tonight when I got DD at school we went to Walmart to get some food - boy I'm hurting! Two days in a row with alot of walking. I'm cramping so I'll probably take a pain pill tonight. DH has to work until 1 am due to fires on post (he owns his own company & he makes maps Ft. Carson). So I'll just throw in some pot pies and call it good. I love fast dinners.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
My Uterus

Okay, I finished my crocheted uterus for my doctor. I have uploaded a photo to the User Galleries under DeniseS but at this moment it is pending approval. So check back for it. :-)

<oops! e-mail address removed for privacy and safety!>
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:44 PM

Hello everyone!

finished day three of work-five hours. Not bad I have to say.

I went to the endocronologist today cause while I was in the hopsital they saw growths on my thyroid. Then went and had ultrasound when I got home.

Think I am gonna have to have surgery again this summer to remove the growths....three of them. One is quite large. THIS SUCKS! I will know tomorow after labs wether it is directly to surgery or biopsy's and scans before. Anyone know if they remove the whole thyroid.
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
I think we can dust? There's a list of things on this site that you can look at - recommended or whatever. I think it also depends on what kind of surgery you had - abdominal vs. vaginal. And on the extensiveness of the surgery.

For me, I'm milking it for all it's worth - so I can't do it yet!!!
I've started to do several little chores on my own like laundry (front loading machine) using my grabber instead of bending. I will also sometimes get on my knees to get something at the bottom of the fridge instead of bending. So far so good. I do a lot of time on my computer and watch TV on a recliner. I've also been doing most dinners, but my DH and I are always planning the meals so that there isn't much preparation. I haven't started to drive yet and that drives me crazy. When I saw my surgeon last week he told me to wait another 2-3 wks before driving. I saw posting where people are not only driving but going to the gym!!! Has it been approved for you? I'm still using my little pillow under my seatbelt whenever I go in a car. Am I being too fussy???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register