Questions 2 weeks post hysterectomy - discharge, legs hurting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions 2 weeks post hysterectomy - discharge, legs hurting Questions 2 weeks post hysterectomy - discharge, legs hurting

Unread 04-06-2021, 07:19 PM
Questions 2 weeks post hysterectomy - discharge, legs hurting

Hi, I am starting my 3rd week of post op recovery, and the last couple of days I have been having milky white discharge in my panties every time I go potty! Is this normal or am I over doing it? Also has anyone else's legs been hurting, the outside of my thighs and my calfs hurt!?! Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2021, 03:45 AM

and
The milky white discharge is perfectly normal. It's produced as part of your vagina's self-cleaning system, and to provide lubrication during sex; after ovulation, it typically changes in volume, consistency, and PH, to provide added lubrication, and to create a more hospitable environment for sperm to come in and fertilize the egg. Unless it smells fishy or resembles cottage cheese, which would signal an infection, it's nothing to worry about. Wishing you all the best for continued health and healing!
Unread 04-07-2021, 07:28 AM
Re: Questions 2 wks post hysterectomy - discharge, legs hurting

and

At 2 weeks post-op, discharge is typical - your body is working to clean the vaginal canal as it's healing your vaginal cuff or retained cervix (you didn't mention what kind of surgery you had). As Tiger_Eye said, as long as it doesn't smell fishy or have the consistency of cottage cheese, it's likely okay, so just continue monitoring as your doing. Our article Vaginal Discharge After Hysterectomy is a good guide.

As for the pain in both your thighs and calves, I'm not sure. At two weeks, I think any discomfort from positioning during surgery may have abated. Did this just start or has it been like this since surgery? I recall having joint pain from being inactive, and I'd get stiff or cramps sometimes, too, but I didn't have anything which lingered. Pain in the legs could also be a symptom of a blood clot. It usually would not happen in both legs and in both the thighs and calves, but just to be sure, it might be wise to put a call in to your doctor's office.

Since you've just joined us, you might find these resources helpful in knowing what to expect during these first weeks:I'd also like to invite you to connect with your Recovery Thread for women who had surgery the same week as you at Recovery Progress Reports for Mar 22-28. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and keeping one another company.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2021, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the input. My legs are starting to get better with some mild leg stretches and massages! I had a full, cervix, uterus, tubes and ovaries. But I didn't know what letters that was?!
Unread 04-08-2021, 08:52 AM
Re: Questions 2 weeks post hysterectomy - discharge, legs hurting

It's good to know the pains in your thighs/calves are getting better with stretches and massages. Perhaps it's due to inactivity? Are you able to walk a bit?

It's really an alphabet soup of surgeries! A TAH would be Total Abdominal (that is, a vertical or bikini line incision), a TLH would be Total Laparoscopic. Both tubes and ovaries would be a BSO - a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. The Survey - Hyst Type link walks you through most of the choices.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register