Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 04-May 17,2020 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 04-May 17,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 04-May 17,2020

Unread 05-14-2020, 06:22 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 04-May 17,2020

Good morning. I’m just checking in with the group to report in that I made it through surgery yesterday. Laparoscopic da Vinci, took it all except ovaries. Whole body discomfort after, and surprised by the pain in my shoulders, but thanks to this site, understood why. Slept on and off all night but am looking forward to a full day of rest, water, Short walks to the bathroom, and pain meds. Resumed my regular supplements of women’s multi vitamin (with probiotics), turmeric, and extra vitamin C almost immediately. Still have abdominal gas pain but It’s also been less than 24 hours since surgery. Thinking I’ll wait to shower until tomorrow. Thanks for providing so much information and support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2020, 06:36 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm on day 1 of recovery and didnt sleep so well last night, but I stayed on top of my meds so I think it's starting to help with the pain.
I have yet to have a BM but reading from this site I imagine it may take 2-3 days to have one. I'm kind of dreading it. It was painful to pee for a while after surgery yesterday so I couldnt imagine what the BM will be like.
My husband is doing a fantastic job of doting on me and I am very thankful for that. So I'm just looking forward to much rest today.

Almcollins, I too came home with the shoulder pain yesterday. I ended up laying on the heating pad and it made a huge difference. I have no pain in my shoulders today.
Unread 05-14-2020, 07:17 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 04-May 17,2020

:hello Ladies & almcollins,

So good to have you join us. Sounds like you did a good job of pre surgery reading, your taking care of yourself well. The only advice I can add is you might want to use a heating pad on your shoulders and neck if you still have pain today from the trapped gas.

Ms, I had my 1st BM on day 4 and many go until day 6 so You might want to try smooth move tea, stewed prunes, or stool softeners (if your Dr advised using them). The important thing to remember is not to strain when the time comes. Many also use a squatter potty, I use yoga blocks under each foot to raise my knees. This position can help put your pelvic area in a better position for easy evacuation. Remember you may have not eating much yet.

Hope all are doing ok and beginning your healing. Remember these are still the order of the day for all.

Gentle Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2020, 07:21 AM

Anndy,
That is such a good idea for the foot elevation. I have a stool in my kitchen that I can use! Thank you for that.
I keep reading about this smooth move tea. Where can I get this? Or is it one I can make? I dont recall seeing anything like that at my local grocer in the tea aisle
Unread 05-14-2020, 08:08 AM

Hi Corliss,

The tea can be purchased at a health food stores. I get mine at Oryana’s in TC. Not sure in MI where you live. With this Coronavirus you might want to call around before your DH starts looking for it. Can your feet be farther apart than your hips? That can help also.

Thinking of you. Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-14-2020, 08:54 AM

I didn’t sleep well the first night either, but I was in the hospital and I tend to not sleep well there. Last night I made a nest of pillows in my bed and slept very well (except waking up to take pain meds). I can get into and out of my bed nest all by myself and when I lay there I have 0 pain! It was great!

Interestingly, I haven’t had any shoulder pain! They warned me about it ahead of time, but it hasn’t happened. Am I in the clear then? It’s been a couple of days now.

I still have plenty of digestive gas pains, though! I took gas x last night and it really helped but the gas is back this morning! Thankfully I haven’t had any issues with peeing. No BM yet but I am taking oxycodone still so it may be a while. Overall I think I am doing great!
Unread 05-14-2020, 10:09 AM

Becky,

Glad you are doing so well. The reason no shoulder pain is that it must have been easier for them to get all the gas out. Some of us are just lucky like that. Don’t forget to keep eating high fiber food, drinking lots of water, and if Dr suggested take Stool softeners as long as you are staying on the oxy. It really can bind you up. I took the recommended dose 2x a day for over 2 weeks. I still had lots of constipation. I do have a chronic problem with it.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-14-2020, 10:57 AM

2dpo. I braved the shower this morning, it was fine. I do believe the extra movement caused the gas pain to increase, feeling it in my shoulder. I took GasX and drank some prune juice last night and some warm prune juice this morning and had my first BM. I had a weird sputtering sensation while peeing, like air came out with the urine. Is that normal, has anyone else experienced that? It didn't hurt, just caught me by surprise.
Unread 05-14-2020, 11:09 AM

Toni,

Keep an eye on that and let your Dr know if there is more. It most likely came from your vagina and not a problem. I have had a sister with a similar issue. If my memory is correct it needed to be watched. You could just call and mention it if it happens again or if you are uneasy about it. I am a true believer in not ignoring things that don’t feel right. Our instincts are there for a reason. Let us know how it goes or if you call, what they say. Thinking of you!

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-14-2020, 03:30 PM

I am here to celebrate my first BM! LOL Despite all of the anesthesia and the oxycodone, the stool softeners and, I believe, the chicken noodle soup I had for lunch, it wasn’t even uncomfortable at all! I feel like I have turned a corner! That was a big milestone. Gotta keep up on the water so it stays that way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register