10 more days! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 more days! 10 more days!

Unread 10-09-2000, 07:05 PM
10 more days!

I want to start out a say what a wonderful help this website has been. I am a 40 year old wife and mother of a 5 year old and do not plan to have any more children. After the birth of my daughter my GYN at the time put me back on BCP which I was not able to take again after taking them for 18 years due to hormonal headaches (migraine?) over one eye. About 2 years ago i started having irregular periods ( about every 2 weeks but no excessive bleeding. I had also started to have the headaches again which were always hormone related. Over the past year I have started to have every symptom of Perimenopause there is. My GYN has done biopsies and at the last ultrasound 3 months ago found a "small" fibroid tumor. At that time she put me on BCP to see if it would control the irregular bleeding and some of the perimeno symptoms. (Loestrin) they did no good whatsoever, made me feel worse. Over the last month I have been alot more tired than usual, started having severe cramps and lower back pain. My GYN has recommended an abdominal hysterectomy at the same time that she is doing a much needed bladder repair (tack). At my last visit 2 weeks ago, she noted upon exam some palpable tenderness and hardness of my uterus. I guess I'm telling you all this so I can justify my decision. I'm tired of being tired and feeling bad all the time. I know that I haven't had as many problems as alot of you but I feel this is the right decision for me. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2000, 08:08 PM
10 more days!

EHS, I know your feelings, I've been tring to justify my hyst too. I'm 30 and have had Endometriosis since my teen years. I have 2 children and don't ever want to experience another pregnancy as long as I LIVE ! Actually my son was born with a genetic form of cancer and any children we have run the risk of developing it too. So far our 18 month old daughter is clear! But I'm having a hyst on the 17th and I'm actually kinda excited about it. I'm nervous as heck about the recovery, but excited of being pain free. Best of luck!
Christy
Unread 10-10-2000, 11:32 AM
10 more days!

Dear EHS,

85% of hysterectomies are elective... a quality of life decision. Only YOU can make the choice. Perhaps you would benefit from having a 2nd or 3rd medical opinion.

Get smart about your symptoms and your options, & make the right choice for YOU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2000, 06:29 PM
10 more days!

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll let you know more after my pre-op visit on the 18th. This is my "good" week and I think when you feel better you question your decision. I am very happy with the woman GYN and I trust her judgement. Talk to you again on the 18th.
Unread 10-10-2000, 09:20 PM
10 more days!

I know exactly what you mean.. . I am having my good week now, too. I have tried to back out of my decision and I have come up with several good reasons NOT to have this done.. I try to rationalize my decision. However, I know that tomorrow I may remember why I am doing this.. I have good days and bad days... . I have adhesions.. I don't have all of the severe bleeding. I do have the severe PMS and the one good week a month. I keep thinking...maybe it will just go away.. Everyone tells me that it is a decision that only you can make..... I have my LAVH on 10/19/00. I will be thinking of you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register