Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Thread Tools
  #41  
Unread 08-14-2020, 05:42 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

  Quote:
Originally Posted by UscBoro View Post
Everything went exactly as planned in surgery. Other than pain when I first woke up, it has not been bad. My cramps and pain before surgery were this bad or worse.
I am at the hospital now. The funny part is that our Womens Center, where I would normally be, is full. They put me on the pediatric floor! Lol. After talking to the nurse, I found out I am still the youngest on the floor because it is used as swing space.
I am glad things went well! I was on the post partem floor with all the new moms! Lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #42  
Unread 08-14-2020, 05:49 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Good morning ladies!
I am on day 4 and I finally had a bm. It was small, but at least things are starting to move around again. The pain is not bad, but the skin on my tummy is super sensitive. I can barely stand my tshirt rubbing on it, and I will get random burning/itching sensations in my incision. My back is a little sore from hunching over (I am trying to focus on my posture today and I am using a heating pad for relief). Otherwise doing ok....starting to feel a little discomfort in my vaginal area, mostly soreness and a little raw down there. I guess I didn't notice it before because the other pain kinda overshadowed it, but I have to be gentle when I wipe or ouch! Taking 2 extra strength tylenol every 6 hours and that seems fine. I hope everyone else is doing well!! Hang in there!!
  #43  
Unread 08-14-2020, 06:23 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Good Morning! Day 5-I’m off pain meds. Every now and then, I have a pain shoot through my stomach. I’m still walking slowly, but it gets better each day. I’ll venture outside next week. Belly is still swollen, but incisions are healing. I feel good. I no longer have to urinate every 5 minutes and I’m able to have daily bowel movements. Also, a back pain that I had for years is gone. I have no regrets, so far. As each new day passes, you’re one day closer to a complete recovery. Better days are coming.
  #44  
Unread 08-14-2020, 08:15 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020



I had surgery yesterday. It went well only kept ovaries. Dr said that typically the tissue separates and my didn’t the best way she could describe it was “sticky”. So I more than likely had Endometriosis. Pain has been around a 7 but it’s not more than my typical period pain. Hydrocodone with Zofran has helped keep the nausea and edge off the pain. So that has been good. I haven’t been released from the hospital yet but will get to go home today. I luckily didn’t have any gas pain my dr was amazing and got it all out! The catheter was extremely uncomfortable.

I am so thankful to have support while going though this. Best wishes and speedy recovery to every!!
  #45  
Unread 08-14-2020, 09:03 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Isisshae View Post


I had surgery yesterday. It went well only kept ovaries. Dr said that typically the tissue separates and my didn’t the best way she could describe it was “sticky”. So I more than likely had Endometriosis. Pain has been around a 7 but it’s not more than my typical period pain. Hydrocodone with Zofran has helped keep the nausea and edge off the pain. So that has been good. I haven’t been released from the hospital yet but will get to go home today. I luckily didn’t have any gas pain my dr was amazing and got it all out! The catheter was extremely uncomfortable.

I am so thankful to have support while going though this. Best wishes and speedy recovery to every!!
I found that the day after was the worst...after that it gets better! I did not have a catheter which I am thankful for because they are so uncomfortable! I did have the shoulder pain from the gas which I think was worse than the belly pain. You sound like you are in good spirits! Take it easy and get plenty of rest! You've got this!!!
  #46  
Unread 08-14-2020, 09:09 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Good morning,
It's day 3 post op for me. My surgery was Tuesday morning and all was removed.
It's been rough because of the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue I deal with on top of the pain from surgery. Am I the only one who did outpatient?! I'm glad I came home but I was scared and in a lot of pain on night one. I needed better pain management and all I had was motrin and vicodin. I was also scared and felt alone. I had so many questions. =(
Stool softener and gas ex were life savers over the past couple of days.
The day after surgery the doctor called percocet in for me which helped switched off with motrin.
I'm still not sleeping. I don't think I will until I can roll on my side.
Drinking a lot of water and peeing my brains out. I'm glad I have forced myself up to do a slow easy laps down the hallway to release gas and straighten me up. Something as small as pulling my shoulders back feels so good.
Last night I got drenched and very, very hot between my legs and my arms, back and chest were so hot too. =(
No bleeding. Anyone else?
Hope you are all resting comfortably amongst all of the pillows!
  #47  
Unread 08-14-2020, 09:31 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Rivette View Post
Good morning,
It's day 3 post op for me. My surgery was Tuesday morning and all was removed.
It's been rough because of the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue I deal with on top of the pain from surgery. Am I the only one who did outpatient?! I'm glad I came home but I was scared and in a lot of pain on night one. I needed better pain management and all I had was motrin and vicodin. I was also scared and felt alone. I had so many questions. =(
Stool softener and gas ex were life savers over the past couple of days.
The day after surgery the doctor called percocet in for me which helped switched off with motrin.
I'm still not sleeping. I don't think I will until I can roll on my side.
Drinking a lot of water and peeing my brains out. I'm glad I have forced myself up to do a slow easy laps down the hallway to release gas and straighten me up. Something as small as pulling my shoulders back feels so good.
Last night I got drenched and very, very hot between my legs and my arms, back and chest were so hot too. =(
No bleeding. Anyone else?
Hope you are all resting comfortably amongst all of the pillows!
Hi Andrea....I did outpatient as well. Surgery on Tuesday at 7:30 and I walked out of the hospital by myself at 5:30. My surgeon never came to see me after the surgery and I had a lot of unanswered questions. The shoulder pain was the worst. But it finally disappeared.....hopefully yours is almost done as well. I only sleep for a few hours at a time because I wake up having to pee. I had my ovaries taken as well and have just started getting mild hot flashes. Very slight bleeding also, but I think that is tapering off as well. Each day gets a little better! Hang in there!!!
  #48  
Unread 08-14-2020, 09:58 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

  Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebee72 View Post
Hi Andrea....I did outpatient as well. Surgery on Tuesday at 7:30 and I walked out of the hospital by myself at 5:30. My surgeon never came to see me after the surgery and I had a lot of unanswered questions. The shoulder pain was the worst. But it finally disappeared.....hopefully yours is almost done as well. I only sleep for a few hours at a time because I wake up having to pee. I had my ovaries taken as well and have just started getting mild hot flashes. Very slight bleeding also, but I think that is tapering off as well. Each day gets a little better! Hang in there!!!
This is very reassuring. I sleep for about 45 minutes and wake up to pee or with pain.
No bleeding. Yet. Maybe I won't. Yes, that shoulder pain was awful! I read on here from someone to try to stand up straight and sure enough when I did, I burped and felt so much better... along with gas x which my husband went and got for me. There should be medical assistants who give you a list of things to have on hand to help comfort you on these few days. My surgeon didn't see me after but I probably wouldn't have remembered anyway. She did speak with my husband at least.
I still can't get a good cough but my lungs feel good!
Are you doing any heat or ice?
I'm feeling so many little cramps and spasms in odd places. It's so odd.
I hope you have good support and chocolate at home!
Andrea
  #49  
Unread 08-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Rivette View Post
This is very reassuring. I sleep for about 45 minutes and wake up to pee or with pain.
No bleeding. Yet. Maybe I won't. Yes, that shoulder pain was awful! I read on here from someone to try to stand up straight and sure enough when I did, I burped and felt so much better... along with gas x which my husband went and got for me. There should be medical assistants who give you a list of things to have on hand to help comfort you on these few days. My surgeon didn't see me after but I probably wouldn't have remembered anyway. She did speak with my husband at least.
I still can't get a good cough but my lungs feel good!
Are you doing any heat or ice?
I'm feeling so many little cramps and spasms in odd places. It's so odd.
I hope you have good support and chocolate at home!
Andrea
I am using a heating pad which helps a little, but yes, the odd spasms/burning/pinching/itching feelings are annoying! And coughing.....holy cow does that hurt! Even when I hold my tummy, it hurts to cough. Just do a lot of slow deep breathing.....fill your lungs completely and let out all the air completely. I think as long as we are exercising our lungs the chances of pneumonia settling in are reduced significantly. My hubby went back to work today, which is fine because I am getting along well. And yes!! Lots of chocolate always helps!!! Hugs!!
  #50  
Unread 08-14-2020, 10:44 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 10-Aug 16,2020

Oh my gosh! I asked my husband not to go back yet (on Monday) and almost cried when he said it would be ok. =(=(
Are you able to sleep on your side yet?
I am desperate to get on my side and sleep!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

September 28,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement