Just Get Over It (rant) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Just Get Over It (rant) Just Get Over It (rant)

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Just something else I wanted to add...and it seems sooooo heartless. WHY in the WORLD do they put you on the maternity floor after having a hyster???? I have seen other women post about being on there after surgery, and I was told today that is where I will be sent to as well. That just seems like a heartless thing to do!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Just Get Over It (rant)

I just thought of another dimwit saying...UGH...Some woman had the nerve to tell me she heard it was a piece of cake[b]. Like opening you up like a filet of chicken is a piece of cake. I wish I was quick to think so that I had a good come back! PIECE OF CAKE my hinny

One good thing has come out of this surgery...I will never take another person's surgery lightly again. All surgery's have their own story.
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Just Get Over It (rant)

I work in a very small Women's Hospital. I am so glad that the "powers that be" have enough sense to put our ladies that have had hysters on the Med/Surg floor. We have a lullabye sp? chime whenever a baby is born but they had it turned off on the med/surg floor so hysters don't have to hear it.

As well all know, hysters are a major deal and I am grateful I work for a hospital that recognizes it.

Charlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Right now me mum and my not-so DH seem to be the least responsive and understanding, although my mom goes back and forth a bit. Not-so DH came home yesterday and I was in pain from overdoing it-I tried pressure washing the house, did 5 loads of laundry, vacuumed the whole house, grocery shopped and cleaned both bathrooms-not so smart but whatever. Anywho, I was limping, walking very slowly and his first remark, said in a snooty voice was "In pain again?". No dear, I feel just great, I got the uterus from ****, cramps, a back that just doesn't stop hurting, but really, I'm fine. BOZOHEAD.
Any my mom, like I said, she's back and forth. "I was back at work 6 weeks after my surgery and I was a nurse and I.....". Yeah great mom, you also had a husband dying of cancer and you're superwoman. Then in the same conversation she tells me I'll have to let the cleaning go because I won't be able to do it and "that's when I got my first maid". Well, aren't you special? She was shocked I will be able to drive so soon but any other details on what I can and can't do, neither she nor husband care to hear. As she said "It's a simple procedure, performed thousands of times a day. Really not a big deal". Ok sure, for you it wasn't a big deal, but for me it is.
GET OVER IT. Yep, no problem. They're gonna play "Where's Waldo?" with my insides and I'm suppose to get over it. Let's see-if I smack you in the head with a frying pan why I don't I tell YOU to get over your subdural hematoma?
BOZOHEADS.
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <>< Cincy6
I did not want to thread-jack the below thread with a rant:

"Everyone here understands exactly how I feel and never makes me feel like I need to just get over it."
Was a comment by Sanbox 49 in reply to "First post- TAH scheduled for Mar. 26!" by LSM63 on 3/21/07 3:06pm.

That comment struck me so profoundly.

It is true when people hear hysterectomy because of cancer/endo/whatever, so quickly they try to dismiss it as nothing big- as if your uterus/cervix/ovaries aren't major- "not like it's a lung or something" I have heard. Like it's only that- "just get over it."

I too have found great support here. I'm tired of those who minimize the value of such organs. Yes- the organs are not imperative for life, and I'm actually looking forward to not having a period anymore but it's not the same as having an ingrown toenail cut off!

Kudos to all the women who take a stand against those who try to write it off as nothing more than a bump on the nose!
You don't hear people saying tactless things like that if someone has to have their appendix out, do you? Most people only become aware of their appendix when it causes them pain and threatens their life, but I can't remember the last time I heard someone suggest that having it removed didn't matter, because it's not essential for life. Having someone cut into you and rummage around in your insides is always a big deal, no matter what sort of operation it is.
Unread 03-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

People just don't get it. My DH meaning to be ok said "if that's what you think you have to do." He got not only the look but a longgggggg talk. Like I want to do this? Like I don't feel llike crap anyway for ignoring things for so long? Hello!
Unread 03-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

ladies,
Here is the quote I get from my coworkers!! Well it must be nice to get a vacation..Well I did not realize that Disneyland was doing hysterectomies now is my standard reply. I don't know where they go on vacation but I would be trying to get my money back. Maybe it's a new spa??LOL

Roberta
Unread 03-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

"They're gonna play "Where's Waldo?" with my insides and I'm suppose to get over it."

LOL - I love it! Next time someone speaks an insensitive comment about it- that's what I'm going to tell them!

Geez, what is it with mothers? My mom was the first to tell me- it's not like a lung or anything!

Unread 03-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Ok I am taking offence to al of this......I am the DIMWIT that called LSH surgery A PIECE OF CAKE I am sorry but for me it was. I cannot believe that we all come here for amazing support and that we all can get so catty ! I did not mean to offend anyone by saying PIECE OF CAKE but I know all the worrying I did and I wish someone would have used that phrase with me, I guess some are just more sensitive than others I never meant to hurt, offend or say anything stupid. I think you are an amazing bunch of woman I would never come to these boards to put anyone down, I would have never made it through my ordeal without all of you. I am so very sorry if someone took my comment the wrong way but I thought I was being helpful and not hurtful.........Since I cannot say anything right I will not be posting anymore, thanks for all of your help ! I will miss you guys and again I truely apologize tp poefolck !

Chris
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Bozohead, that is my new favorite word! I love it!

Chris, I am sorry you are upset. I went back and read the post and I really don't think that poster was referring to you saying that. I have heard people say piece of cake to me lately and I want to smack them. I think you are able to say it is a piece of cake because you have been there and done that and it worked out great for you and you want to encourage others. It's better than doom and gloom like I have also seen on the post op board. People that have told me it's no big deal have never had anything like this happen to them. I really hope you don't leave, I have enjoyed your posts.

Over the years I have tried to not judge people because you never know until you walk in their shoes. I hear people all the time say oh I would never do such and such like they did. Really? You've been in their shoes and know without a doubt how you would react? Really, please tell me where you get that crystal ball because I could really use one! I had a friend that had a very sick child. I said oh I could never survive anything like that. Guess what, God said um, Sandra, yes you can, I'll show you! My now 9 year old DS got very sick when he was 10 days old. He had a grade 3 IVH (brain bleed) developed hydrocephalus and had to have a shunt. We were in the hospital for over 3 weeks. You know what, we did survive! But I am still not "over it". I never will be. It changed me forever. I really don't want to get over it either. It has helped me see life in a whole new way. Life is a precious gift. It makes me sad for all the bozoheads that don't get that!

I do think sometimes people say things that are insensitve because maybe they really don't know what to say. They should shut their mouth in that case, but I think people want to say the right thing and they don't know what the right thing is so they say something to seem cheery and it comes off in the wrong way. I think some fall in that category, but there are your downright BOZOHEADS!

Mrs, I was worn out yesterday just reading what you did! That inspired me and I sewed and finsished a big project yesterday, cleaned the house and got quite a bit done! thanks for the kick in the pants! Hope you didn't pay for it today!

I am so glad to have a place to rant and a place where I don't have to get over it! Some things life are too good to get over, and I am starting to see this part of my life like that. I am learning A LOT about me, about other people. It is helping me to find the "real" person I am, the person that got lost in the chaos for awhile.

Thank you ladies for the tears, the sharing, and the laughter.

Sandra
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register