It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous? It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous?

Unread 02-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Re: It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous?

My daVinci is scheduled for March 15 and I'm a bundle of nerves, too! Hang in there...we will all get through this together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2011, 02:57 PM

My surgery is March 3rd. I wish that it was already here. Just ready for it to be done. It helps to read everyone posts. Part of me wants to run, then I think back to my heavy flooding, painful periods and all the nausea and I know that I need to move forward with this.

I swear, that it seems like the days last forever!! It helps that I am trying to get caught up on everything at home. Still, I wish it was already March 3rd!!!!
Unread 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Just got home from a Target trip, picked up last minute things for Mon-Tues...like clear liquids, magazines & comfy loungewear. AAHHHHH...I'm still a bundle of nerves. I keep telling myself that nothing could be worse than childbirth without drugs...if I can do that, I think I can probably get through anything LOL. We are strong vibrant Women and we can all do this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503BEE View Post
I'm 33 as well! Suprised and kind of relieved that other women in their early 30's are going through the same thing! It took me aback at first but I really think this is the best choice...Good luck!
I will be 33 in June and it has been 10 yrs since all my "cramps turned torture" really really kicked off...10 yrs since I knew this wasn't just your bad periods anymore stuff. I have suffered enough but thanks to this anxiety when I have a couple of good days in a row I start doubting myself especailly since I can't do HRT....but then I will have a bad day and tell myself I'm crazy for doubting myself and the cycle starts over...LOL. This is going to be a LONG week..! OR maybe a really short one..haha...I don't know. One thing I do know is that if I have to EVER have surgery again I won't want to schedule a month ahead of time because I'm about bonkers with my crazy brain going round and round :0)
Unread 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin670 View Post
Thanks Peachygal. Good luck to you to. Glad I'm not the only one going crazy. Just the only one in my world going crazy. LOL. I can't wait to be on the other side telling other, ahh don't worry it will all be fine and dandy
I keep thinking about when you have a baby you are so nervous about pain and what happens but then when it happens you just go with it and it all ends up being good. In fact the pain and everything that goes with it disappears so that some of us go back for more and have multiple children. Others survived to tell the tale and so will I by next weekend.
And even though I am done with kids it is still sad to have that feminine side taken away.
I said this to my doctor. We talked about how I can barely remember the recovery of both of my c-sections. I think it is because there is a "prize" at the end. At that we decided that I deserve a "prize" at the end of this too. We were thinking a diamond or a vacation . In all honestly I am not getting that but it really would make it better.
Unread 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRowena View Post
I am 9 days away and I am having problems controlling my anxiety. Not because I am nervous or scared about the surgery, but because I just wish that the days would stop drrrrrraaaaggggggginnnnngggg on so looooooonnnnnnnggggg... I want to get this over and done with. This is a major turning point in my life and I just need to bite the bullet and be patient.

For the most part, I am power lounging a bit, doing some housework, power lounging some more, doing some more housework, and so on.
Try not to stress over it, your going to be a new woman afterwards.... I know I am.. just had mine done last wed. Even with the gas pains I feel so much better.. and today I was suppose to start my period!!!! wow ......no more of that crap........ yes... life is good once again I do believe!
The worst part about the operation is the waiting, the bowel prep if you have to do it and the gas pains after... trust me.

Vikki
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:43 PM

I have to say that I look at this surgery and a new beginning. No more pain, no more periods. Freedom!!!! I have had 20 years of off and on pain and problems. I have had my kids, so, its time to feel like a normal person. Seeing all the posts, I know that I can get through this. This website is really helpful. I am glad, that I am not the only one that is nervous. I am glad that it was only 10 days from the day my surgery was scheduled. My doctor asked me when I wanted to have the surgery, I told her as soon as possible. Thank goodness I did that.
Unread 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesfuel View Post
how are they dealing with your allergies to the pain meds?

I have the same problem and that's my biggest concern with surgery on Tuesday!!!!
They are giving me benadryl for mine. It works great! Ask to take the benadrly b4 your pain meds. Talk to your nurses a lot and let them know your concerns and they will take good care of you!
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Tomorrow is my big day and I am very worried, oh and extremely forgetful. Has anyone experienced that? I think it is because I am not concentrating enough. Emotionally I am a wreck, crying on and off. Went to pick up a few things this morning that I forgot yesterday and am sure there will be more. Woke up morning to the smell of chocolate chip waffles cooking and all I could enjoy was a glass of water because I had forgotten to buy Jello. SO off to the store I went. Then i came home to watch TV, turned on Law & Order and it's an episode about a women who died during of all things, a hysterectomy! My sister keeps calling me to do things for her. (Plan her daughters birthday party and do a school project for my other niece.) I finally got up the nerve to say "NO." Wow, it sure felt good. I don't want to let me niece's down but I always do everything for them because I am guilted into it. She tried the guilt trip today also, but I need to relax or I may back out tomorrow. I was so proud for not caving in, I gave myself a pat on the back.

I am so thankful to have found this site and hope all turns out as well for me as it has for most of you. I am worried, though. Start my lovely magnesium citrate cocktail in 2 hours then an enema tonight. Gee, can't wait!! Have been taking colace and Gas x for past 3 days just in case. Thanks to all of the advice I got here.
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM

the closer my day comes (march4th) it more gritchy i am becoming , My husband who is disabled keeps finding more things for me to do <<sigh>> this is my last full day off before I am laid up ,So today I am very stressed .
Trying to put life on hold for a few weeks is a tough job

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register