Upcoming August hysterectomy: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming August hysterectomy: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?) Upcoming August hysterectomy: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?)

Unread 07-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Upcoming August hysterectomy: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?)

It’s 43 days until my hysterectomy. Mailed out my paperwork, sent my leave work to the doc because it has to be to HR 30 days before surgery to get approved. Things are getting real. I worry a bunch but it has to be done. I had my gal bladder out so I know the drill. My husband says I worry way too much about it. I tell him I am a woman I can worry. LOL

I think I worry some because I had my iud removed about month ago. I had my normal period but bled through a tampon and pad a few times so back to the way it was before the IUD. I am now feeling nauseated and am afraid I might start vomiting when my period comes again or when I spot. (I did before I had my d &c 5 years ago. And was put on a prescription anti nausea meds after the first month) It’s not fun to have to run to the bathroom, hope people do not hear you vomiting and praying you make it there. Just short of asking for Prescription anti nausea meds so I can work. Anyone else experience this? What worked for you? IF I can avoid a prescription I would like to. I just want to get through the next 43 days without too many issues (I have no fever and I am not pregnant).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2020, 07:36 PM
Re: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?)

Hi Catezee10 to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site.

I do not have any experience with this so I cannot help you.

We do have many woman on this site so hopefully one will see this post and respond.

It may become a balancing act: taking a prescription medication for a brief time so that you can work. If you try something OTC or an herb of some kind, make sure your doctor knows about it.

Unread 07-09-2020, 04:48 AM
Re: Upcoming August hysterectomy: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?)

One common cause of nausea during your period is increased prostaglandins that are produced to stimulate your uterus to contract and expel the blood, which can affect the GI tract. Anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen can help by inhibiting prostaglandin production, but you'll likely need to stop taking it at least 2 weeks before your surgery, so speak to your surgeon. Another top pick to relieve nausea and vomiting is ginger; I have chronic stomach issues, and I always keep supplies of powdered and crystallized ginger in my pantry for fast relief. Other top picks for fast relief include peppermint or ginger tea, a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon, a handful of almonds, and a few soda crackers. I've also found it helpful to meat small, frequent meals, so my digestive juices always have something to work against. I've also found that avoiding hard-to-digest foods when my symptoms are at their worst has really helped; that includes legumes, onions and garlic, cruciferous vegetables, pears, plums or prunes, apricots, cherries, peaches, and artificial sweeteners. Best wishes for finding fast relief, and for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!
Unread 07-14-2020, 09:16 PM
Upcoming August hysterectomy: Feeling nauseated (because of heavy periods - anyone else? What worked for you?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catezee10 View Post
It’s 43 days until my hysterectomy. Mailed out my paperwork, sent my leave work to the doc because it has to be to HR 30 days before surgery to get approved. Things are getting real. I worry a bunch but it has to be done. I had my gal bladder out so I know the drill. My husband says I worry way too much about it. I tell him I am a woman I can worry. LOL

I think I worry some because I had my iud removed about month ago. I had my normal period but bled through a tampon and pad a few times so back to the way it was before the IUD. I am now feeling nauseated and am afraid I might start vomiting when my period comes again or when I spot. (I did before I had my d &c 5 years ago. And was put on a prescription anti nausea meds after the first month) It’s not fun to have to run to the bathroom, hope people do not hear you vomiting and praying you make it there. Just short of asking for Prescription anti nausea meds so I can work. Anyone else experience this? What worked for you? IF I can avoid a prescription I would like to. I just want to get through the next 43 days without too many issues (I have no fever and I am not pregnant).
I have found relief with a product called Cola Syrup. You put a few tablespoons over ice and it really helps the nausea. I used it in the past when I had an upset stomach but really used it after surgery.
Blessings on the days ahead. We will be here if you need us! You got this! Soon you will be on the recovery side.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register