So scared, I am in tears | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So scared, I am in tears So scared, I am in tears

Unread 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
So scared, I am in tears

I went in yesterday to get the ablation done. I was up allll night the night before with the cramping and in pain. I go in they set me all up and give me the drugs to calm down etc. The doctor gives me the shots up there to block the pain even. Then she starts and my cervix didn't dilate at all. I started crying, wanting my husband. They brought him in and took me home. The doctor wanted to take me straight to the OR but I wasn't thinking straight from the drugs. My husband took me home and the doctor wants me to call back and schedule a hysterectomy right away. I am so scared. I am looking at the phone numb. I don't know what to expect, I dont know anything about it. I dont know how long I am in the hospital. None of this was even discussed. I want to run away. Anyone Please help me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Re: So scared, I am in tears

Well I am scheduled for an abdominal hysterectomy & just had my pre-op appts. They told me I would be in overnight for 2 days if all goes well, off work for 6 weeks for recovery.
I chose NOT to have the ablasion cuz I was told it would slow down my bleeding NOT stop me... and if I can't have children either way - take it all out.
I don't know why you were having yours done, but to me I WANT MY LIFE BACK & right now my periods & uterus is running my life & I am tired of it.
Good luck - do what is best for you
Hugs & prayers!!!
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:01 PM

They thought it would be best cause I bleed 26 days out of the month. I have blood clots like saucers. The pain is sickening and I am so sick from being tired all the time. But now I am scared cause I didn't dilate at all yesterday. They dint know why. I want to know why...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM

Maybe it was meant to be.... maybe its Gods way of doing what is best for you!
I didn't want to still bleed and I knew too many woman that the ablasion didn't work for & they ended up with the hysterectomy anyways....
Doctors don't always have the answers of WHY, but know whats best... call & talk to them... its the only way to know for sure!
Good luck!
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Hi. I had my hysterectomy 2 weeks ago today. I had LAVH and had my cervix and ovaries removed. I had an ablation done several years ago which caused scar tissue to close my cervix. I stayed one night in the hospital. Took pain pills a few times the next 3 days. I feel great. I still can't lift or move heavy things but otherwise I can do light house cleaning. I decided to take 4 weeks off from work and by the way I'm feeling now I'm sure I'll be ready to go back. It was much easier than I thought but everyone is different. Hope this helps.
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:29 PM

tnbjbeans -

First let me say you've come to the right place for support and information.

If you happen to get back on the site before 9pm eastern, please try to get to the Pre-Op chat. (look on the right side of your screen by events) It covers all sorts of topics and we've had many women attend right before their surgeries.

If you can't attend you can go to the Support menu (upper right corner) and go to Chatroom, there will be a tab there marked "archives" and you can read some of the old chats. Each one is different so you may want to read more than one.

Also check out the Hysterectomy Checkpoints, that will give you a variety of information broken down over a 6 week recovery cycle.

:hearthugs:

G
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM

(((())))
Take a deep breath and spend some time reading on this site. There is a lot of info, so work on your list of questions for the doc, then take your hubby in to talk to the doc. I never had an ablation but we sure tried everything else and finally I had my LAVH on April 13 th and I am so glad I did. I found out afterwards that I suffered from adenomyosis and due to the adeno, the hysterectomy was the only cure. It may or may not be the answer for you, but either way you have found an awesome group of ladies to help you sort it out!
Hugs,
TK in TN
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Hugs.
Sorry this is happening to you.
Schedule an appointment with your doctor and re-schedule.
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:59 PM

Hugs & prayers for you.

I'm so glad I had my surgery. Within a few weeks, I had more energy than I'd had in over a year. I spent 2 nights in the castle, but that time can vary.

Look around the forums & get some ideas of any specific questions for your Dr. Keep a small notebook handy so you can write down questions & leave room for the answers as you get them. Always remember that when you look around the post-op side of the forums, many women do great, but don't say much. Normally, the ones with complications talk more to resolve issues, so it can be scary.

Feel free to vent. Also, the only dumb question is the one you wish you had asked. Everyone here is great & it helps to know you aren't alone.
Unread 04-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Medical procedures are stressful anyway and a change midstream can be downright terrifying. I'm sorry that happened to you. I also understand wanting to know why your cervix didn't dilate. I'm not a fan of mysteries when it comes to my body, but sometimes the honest answer is "I don't know."

I'm delighted to be rid of the fibroids, the pain and the flood of blood. I didn't realize how much I had adjusted to pain. Right after surgery with only ibuprofen, I hurt less than I had before surgery. I've had an easy recovery, but was very careful not to over-do. Totally worth it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register