Friday February 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday February 26 Friday February 26

Unread 02-26-2021, 02:33 PM
Friday February 26

Finally Friday. I worked late every day so ended early today. My orientee was feeling not challenged enough or busy enough so I added to her workload and now I think she’s seeing that we’re normally busier than she first thought. Don’t want her to get that idea.

Ate my salad! Looking at an orange but haven’t eaten it. Of course I did have cookies but this seems a crazy day and I just grabbed something. I have so much salad here no way can I eat it all in time. I’m training my dog to eat her meals when I give them. She’d been picking at them or ignoring them and then begging for treats, which has to end. I’m putting broth on her kibble to moisten and flavor it, which is helping.

Desk, I hope you get tech help for your recording. Was it technically a Skype recording? Is Skype a Microsoft product, maybe? If so, they usually have good help on their site.

Hope everyone had an ok week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2021, 06:14 PM
Re: Friday February 26

Greyown, congratulations on that salad! I should have had some today, it's fresh, but I didn't. Oh well. Hope your orientee finds her proper speed and works out well. And also I hope your dog likes her brothy kibble. None of our dogs has ever turned a nose up at a meal. For some reason we started feeding Bonnie four times a day. Seemed like since we were both home, if we had a meal, they needed a meal, so both Ralph and Bonnie got in that habit. Ralph is now getting tiny spoonfuls when he asks for something, much less than before, so he is maybe losing a bit of weight. He had bulked up with those extra meals and I wasn't paying attention. It happens to all of us, doesn't it?

I did figure out something on the recording, not sure what, but I was able to record a few minutes this morning. I did a search and then spoke to the Konnekt people, and they suggested a different browser. Skype is a Microsoft product and I'm on a Mac. I found some kind of setting by going to Skype online, adjusted that, and then it seemed to work. Who knows if anything I did made a difference or what, but it should work now.

It rained all day today and I stayed busy with the Skype issue and also some billing problems that I had to sort out. I did manage to squeeze in a nap, but forsook my walk today. But we did go shopping early and I walked around the store at 7 AM, so I suppose I can claim a 10 or 15 minute walk? I hate to break a ten year streak! No, I'm not obsessive.

B - bacon egg cheese biscuit from the community coop
L - ground beef, broccoli, an apple, vanilla ice cream with fresh blackberries and a drizzle of chocolate sauce
D - yogurt, frozen berries, a few almond crackers with peanut butter and jam, fudge

Back to better food and exercise tomorrow. Mom's caregiver today was probably fine, but somehow I just don't get the feeling that she's quite as, well, inspirational and exciting as the others. But she's just a substitute. They don't have a regular Friday person yet. All the rest of the days have now been assigned to regulars and I like them all. I think that was part of what had me a little unsettled today.

Hope you will all have a good weekend!
Unread 02-26-2021, 06:28 PM

Hello Ladies,

Greyown, getting out early on a Friday always feels like a surprised gift.

Desk, I love the sound of a harp. I imagine it is a difficult instrument to master. I hope you're successful in finding the recording.

Hi Kim, Nirvana, and Heavensangel

I had some internet problems at the beginning of the week for a couple of days. My tablet kept telling me I was out of range (the next room?) . I thought it would clear up, but it didnt. Then we noticed the t.v. didn't wasn't connected and neither was Alexa. DH called the phone company and 20 minutes later, it was restored.

We're thawing out. It has been above freezing and even into the 40's a couple of days. There is still a lot of snow on the ground, but we're getting there.

I'm officially on leave of absence as of 6:00pm today. Monday I'll start my self quarantine. I told me daughter she couldn't go into labor for another week.

Falling asleep in my chair. Goodnight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2021, 07:09 PM

Rita, I hope you are in quarantine in order to be able to see your daughter and the baby? That's a much better reason than possible exposure. The harp recording is gone, I'm afraid, but she will play for us again probably next week. Her brothers both play the piano, I think, but her instrument of choice was the harp, so she has played it for probably 25 years or more, and she is only about 39. Hubby's sister was a piano teacher for fifty years and she started playing the harp about 20 years ago. It really is a lovely sound, very soothing, almost like a whisper of music.

Enjoy your quarantine, excitement at the other end!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register