Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s

Unread 02-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s

I am 33 and wll be having everything out on march 1st...wow...its only 3 days from now. I had my first doc appointment, with this doc...lol...on the 19th of January, During the initial exam and upon haring that I have had the pain for over 4 years now, and having seen close to a dozen docs for it, he asked if any had done a laparoscopy. When I said NO, he immediately scheduled one for the 28th of January. The next week, once all med records from other docs arrived and the pathology reports came in and i was scheduled for stitch removal and discuss results, well, lets just say he was quite upset withthe other docs. They were treating the PCOD, well trying to, with BCP's and pretty much ignoring me when i would say I felt worse.
It turns out, that at some point, I have had a serious infection in the abdominal/pelvic cavities that has left guote"dozens and dozens and dozens"of adhesions on uterus, liver, diaphragm, and pretty much anything else they can attach to. Also found were "different"adhesions on both ovaries and tubes, that pathology and doc agreed were PCOD related...ruptured cysts

We discussed the options, and since I work at a hospital and with surgeons, he let me take a copy of the lap results and path results to see what the other surgeons thoguht...EVERYONE is in total agreement. I will be having a TAH/BSO with lysis of adhesions on March 1st. Also, they were all upset when finding out that this could have been taken care of years ago, if only someone had done their job.

OK...think i am done rantng

Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 11:07 PM

can i join you gals....please?

i have my tvh on tuesday. i just turned 25 earlier this month. its like no one understands and all i ever hear is how im too young. yeah, well, i think i figured that out on my own, lol.

so please let me join you gals...i know im younger than 30, but it would be nice to talk to others who went thru this at a younger age.
Unread 04-03-2005, 09:34 PM

I am 32 now but was 27 when I had my LAVH/BOS. I too felt like I was the only one at such a young age. My grandmother and mother both had a hysty in their late thirties so even in my family I was the youngest to have a hysty and the first to not be able to conceive any children. Unfortunately, my baby sister might beat my age record
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 02:20 PM

I am not quiet 30 yet, but I had my TAH over 2 years ago (when I was only 26). I had and still have very mixed emotions about it. I am very happy to be free from the pain and misery that I had gone through for years, but I still grieve over the fact that I can not bear another child. I am very thankful that the Lord blessed me with one beautiful daughter, but am having a hard time knowing that my "fairy tale" life of having 3 kids will not happen. My DH and I have thought about adopting, but I have to get more emotionally stable first!
Unread 06-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Red face - Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s

Hi everyone,

I am 28, I had my hysterectomy at 25. It's sad to say this, but it seems we need to open a new tread for the "less than 30".

Like Miss Golightly, I had an emergency TAH after giving birth, due to uncontrollable blood loss.
For 3 years, i just kept the pain for myself, as I didn't know anyone who could relate to my story. My family and friends were supportive, as long as I didn't talk too much about it. (I do understand though that they don't actually know what to say…). I am so thankful for this website.

well, to finish on a lighter note, when the Doctor actually announced to me that I had a hysterectomy, my first though was : Great, I don't have to deal with tampons anymore!
Unread 06-29-2005, 11:22 AM

wow i can't believe all these post's are from 30 year old's up til now i felt soooo alone... i was 29 had everything taken except one ovary.. and now i have a cyctocele and rectocele. i try to talk to my friends and they try but they have no clue!!
thanks for being here
Unread 11-05-2005, 10:54 PM

Hello! I am new here and excited to get to know you all. I have just turned 32 years old. I had my hysterectomy when I was 28. I am excited to meet other young women who are in the same boat!

Michelle
Unread 11-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Thumbs up - Life in the YEARS after hysterectomy: 30s...the new 20s Early Thirties

Welcome Autigerfan! This is a wonderful place to be. I've found it to be an place of encouragement, humor, life, realism and mostly support. I've been a member since my surgery summer of 2004 and am proud to be a part of this forum. You get wonderful information and before you know it, you are sharing wonderful information.
Unread 02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Early 30's

What happened to all of the young ladies??? Noone has been here to this post in a while!!!
Unread 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM

Hello. I am still here. I had a LSH in August 2005. One day before my dd 5th birthday. I was 34 on my surgery date. 3 weeks later turned 35. Had my surgery due to pain, lots of heavy bleeding due to endometrial polyps that just kept coming back after being removed. I feel better than I have in years.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register