Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

Unread 02-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

Today is day 6 since my total hysterectomy. I feel like when i sit down i loose a tad bit of urine. It doesn’t smell like it, but i do have the constant pressure in my pelvic area. Almost like a tiny bubble comes out. My uterus, cervix and both my tubes were removed. I’m getting nervous that i may not have complete control of my bladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2021, 09:35 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

So nauseous today! I'm 8dpo and woke up feeling so sick to my stomach. I felt gassy and kind of sick in the middle of the night but got back to sleep. I drank ginger tea and went to the bathroom and thought that would help but it didn't! My mother cooking chicken downstairs and the smell is killing me! I just took some Tums to see if that helps. Ugh. Anyone else with random nausea?
Unread 02-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 01-Feb 07,2021

I had the vision thing too! I am on Day 5 now, and my vision is back to normal. I did read that Gabapentin can cause blurred vision - not sure what pain meds you are on. But perhaps when anesthesia leaves your body that will go back to normal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi_P View Post
Today is day 6 since my total hysterectomy. I feel like when i sit down i loose a tad bit of urine. It doesn’t smell like it, but i do have the constant pressure in my pelvic area. Almost like a tiny bubble comes out. My uterus, cervix and both my tubes were removed. I’m getting nervous that i may not have complete control of my bladder.
Oh man, that has to be a scary feeling. I am on Day 5. Still have my cervix. I feel some pain in my cervix area - I do have some discharge or urine, not sure what. Doesn't smell bad. Have you checked in with your doctor yet? I have also heard that lots of people need pelvic floor therapy after this...hugs!
Unread 02-10-2021, 05:11 PM

Brandi_P and SarahJC … it is so good to meet both of you. We want you to know that you are not alone in your recovery … we’ll be with you each step of the way. Don’t be shy … please jump right in and let us get to know you better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi_P View Post
Brandi. I am so sorry you are having leaking dear … I know is it a nervous thing to go through. You just went through major surgery … your bladder was poked and prodded during surgery. It can take a bit to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and get back to normal. One of the things that may help is Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy. It would be worth it to discuss this with your doctor. I went through it and it has been a big help … I’d do it again if I ever need to.

I’m sorry you are having lots of pelvic pressure. Gravity is not your friend right now. The natural pull also pulls on your pelvic area. Try to put your feet up. If you are having any swelling, an ice pack can help.

Please don’t hesitate to call your doctor with any of your concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJC View Post
I had the vision thing too! I am on Day 5 now, and my vision is back to normal. I did read that Gabapentin can cause blurred vision - not sure what pain meds you are on. But perhaps when anesthesia leaves your body that will go back to normal!
Sarah … I’m so glad to have you join us. All of those things right after surgery can be difficult to deal with. I’m glad your vision is back to normal. Please keep us posted on your recovery dear.

Love to you both.

Unread 02-10-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBoots View Post
I’m starting to feel better and then do more and by the time it’s dark my tummy is so uncomfortable with pulling sensations I have to have more pain meds. Silly! I have to remind myself to stop. Today the floor was covered in toast crumbs but I had to just walk away. I would have suggested it to my husband to do but I wasn’t sure of his reaction. He seems a bit angry.

I had to laugh today when I was rereading the article on post op recovery on this site when it said “ Men go through MENopause too, and they often choose our recovery time in which to do it. Another attempt to make themselves the center of attention?”

I was wondering this same thing myself since my husband seems to be moaning and sighing a lot with all his extra duties. It would be funny but not when he’s snapping at the kids for not tidying up. I’m sure I’m too soft on them but I can’t stand to see them upset for little things.

More BMs today so that’s excellent progress. I’ve gone with smoothies rather than prune juice. Seems to be working and tastier.
I’m wondering when to make some longer walks but will consider going outside on the weekend. It’s still freezing here and icy on the ground.
Hope you are all doing well today x
Molly. on your BM’s dear … we are rejoicing with you. It is so easy to do too much when you start to feel better. Listen to your body dear … it will let you know when you need to stop. Try to listen when it “whispers” to you … don’t make it “scream” at you.

I’m sorry that your husband isn’t doing very much in the tidying up area … that happens a lot. I always suggest learning to wave at the dust bunnies as they roll by. I remember when I had surgery … it won’t be cleaned like you would do it but it will still be standing when you are feeling better, honest.

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear.
Unread 02-10-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTransforming View Post
Just checking back in. I am post op day 4. This was the first day were I was home alone most of the day. A little challenging with the dogs but we managed. I have definitely had a lot of pain in the incision in my belly button which we have been monitoring. I have had a few BM the past few days but nothing today so I will make sure to adjust my nutrition tomorrow to accommodate. For me, eating vegetarian most meals does the trick. I didn’t take the stool softeners this time and with my previous c-section. Pain has been manageable. Just getting little gas bubbles and ziggers here and there. I believe my body is trying to adjust internally a bit since things feel like they are moving around a bit and not super secure so I have been wearing an ab binder. I have been really easing into movement and trying to rest. My big thing today was being solo and then also taking a lap in the backyard midday. It was the furthest I have walked at one time and was about 5 minutes.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Hi CLTransforming … I’m so glad you checked back in with us. I know being home alone most of the day can be rough. I am very much a dog lover … I have a rescue black lab who is my buddy. What type of dogs do you have dear? I know they’ll want to love on you … try to protect your tummy as much as possible. It is important for your recovery that you don’t get yanked around … please, pretty please be careful.

The belly button incision is often where they do most of the work through or the camera. I’m glad you are using an ab binder … I found it so helpful after surgery.

on easing into things slow and steady Try to increase your walking a bit at a time … it is very important for your circulation.

Love to you dear.
Unread 02-10-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberTeg View Post
One week post-op today. Yesterday I woke up feeling "normal" but by late afternoon I was cramping and having pressure again. This morning I am having a lot of pelvic pressure and lower back pain. I also have been urinating constantly. I've had a normal bm today with the help of prune juice. I am so looking forward to feeling better.
Amber. I am so sorry you are dealing with back pain and pelvic pressure dear … I know you are ready for this part to be over. Please don’t hesitate to call your doctor with any of your concerns/symptoms. She is there to help you with your recovery and it is better to err on the side of caution.

Love to you dear … remember we are here for you.
Unread 02-10-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL from CO View Post
Thank you for the kind words and great suggestions. I'm feeling better each day, but still frustrated that I'm not able to do regular tasks, and the fog, and the discomfort/pain. I hear the same from the whole group which makes me feel much better.

My pathology came back yesterday and it was such a relief to see "no malignancy identified" - I hope all of you can hear the same.

Had my first couple (small) BM - that prune juice does the job

Take care my Hystersisters - we're in this together!
AL from CO. You are very welcome dear … we’re here to help in any way we can. I am so glad you are feeling better … the brain fog will clear, the pain will ease, and you will get back to doing those things you aren’t able to do now. Right now your body needs the time to heal.

on your path report … we are rejoicing with you.

Hang in there dear and remember you are not alone.
Unread 02-10-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkc View Post
Hi everyone! I can't believe I'm 1 week post op today!! One week ago right now I was in the car on my way to the hospital freaking out with anxiety!! Now I'm sitting on my couch sipping coffee with no heartburn, no back pain, no pelvic pain, no umbilical hernia pain, etc... I'm so happy I took the time to find a fantastic surgeon, but kicking myself for waiting so long to take care of my health!

I'm feeling really good, so I think I'm in the phase where I really need to consciously be careful with my body. It feels like I can just plop down on the couch but then I remember how much healing I still have going on!

At this point my only complaints are just stiff joints/knees from being in the same positions so much and my general stress around BMs. I've gone fine since day 4 but it still preoccupies me! Within a few hours of having to go I get a lot of pressure, mostly in my tailbone/lower back, that is really uncomfortable. Then, finally, when it's time to go it's like - OK I have to go!! The first three times have been very easy. This one felt a bit bigger and scarier. No pain and I wasn't really straining but there was more pressure. I have such an irrational fear of tearing my vaginal cuff!! I'm wondering when I'll finally just be able to poop without fear.

I'm also wondering when it's safe to move around more in bed/sleep on my side. My incisions feel fine but, again, I worry about stressing the internal stitches without realizing!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkc View Post
I think my bowels finally cleaned out this morning with 3 BMs in a row, haha. But then I'm pretty sure I had a panic attack. I'm wondering if my hormones are being a bit wacky. I got a flash of cold through my hands and feet that triggered anxiety and made me feel a woozy. I took an Ativan (I already had anxiety before) and felt better within 30 mins. I hoping my hormones sort themselves soon because they won't be good for my anxiety!
Hi Erin. I’m sorry you woke up feeling sick today … I hope it has passed and you’re feeling better.

Yes dear, the better you feel, the more careful you need to be. It is so easy to do too much and take a step back in your recovery. I’m sure you’re not the only who is preoccupied with BM’s right now. Have you tried propping your feet up on a short stool … it is called the squatty potty position. It changes the angle and makes BM’s easier.

I am a side sleeper so I understand. Use lots of pillows/body pillow and prop your tummy up. Putting a pillow between your knees also may help.

We all heal at different rates … it can take your ovaries a bit to wake up after surgery. I am sorry it is causing your anxiety to kick in. I’m praying for you dear.

I hope you rest well tonight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register