Scheduled TAH Should Hubby come to pre-op? (children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should Hubby come to pre-op? (children mentioned) Should Hubby come to pre-op? (children mentioned)

Unread 07-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Re: Should Hubby come to pre-op? (children mentioned)

Well to clarify my hubbie and I are two different people.

I will worry about these questions the day of my pre-op and start to deal with it then. Right now I want to worry about my vacation next week.

My husband is the project manager type. He deals with things by learning everything about the procedure, different ways of doing it, plus's and minus's of each, possible complications, methods for minimizing those complications, etc.. He wants to get his answers now, make a plan, and then put the plan on autopilot and not worry about it.

He swears he is coming with me but that I am on my own--that he's not asking a single question. If I have good results, so be it. If I wake up with some result I didn't want because I didn't ask, don't tell him...he doesn't want to hear it. He's half-kidding and half-pouting because I was overwhelmed when he wanted to talk details. We're both very stressed right now.

Believe me, he will be going and will end up asking questions.....he'd have an easier time completely shedding his skin than sitting there without asking questions.

LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM

Do they really take out your appendix? I had not heard of that. I am having it done Lapro. So I cant imagine them moving anything, but who the heck knows! I am having a Bladder repair also, does anyone know anything about that, or how it is done?

I think that it is great that your DH has as many questions as he does, my DH just says, "You know best" so I just take care of things. Its not that he does not care, he just knows that I know my body better then him I guess. Or maybe it grosses him out, who knows!
Unread 07-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Some doctors actually do...I mean they are what inches from it during a LAVH. My husband was thinking proactively and said he read somewhere that major surgery can trigger an attack from the appendix and result in surgery again. If it happens to me, God help me I will never hear the end of it.

Some doctors do take it as part of the procedure, some will not unless they notice it has a problem while there.

My husband is the type who will proactively replace things on the car's engine while replacing other things.

LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2010, 01:18 PM

Funny! it would be my luck too! I mean come on by Uterus is already falling....!!!
Unread 07-08-2010, 01:38 PM

I asked my husband if the shoe....er the uterus was on the other....err in his body instead of mine if he would want his appendix taken out for the sake of expediency and prevention.

His answer?

"No, I would have them take the appendix and the gall bladder too" You just gotta love them, right?

LL
Unread 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM

LOL, LL!

You kinda need your gall bladder though! At least it's easier on your body if you have it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register