CHornsby's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CHornsby's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story CHornsby's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story

Unread 06-24-2018, 06:19 PM
CHornsby's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story

CHornsby's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Age at Surgery 40

I began having constant, chronic pain like menstrual cramps on my lower abdomen and lower back at the end of February 2018. I saw my new gynecologist at the beginning of March and ultrasound showed possible cysts on both ovaries. After ruling out kidney stones, my gyno did a D&C which did not solve the problem. I have wanted a hysterectomy for a decade to stop my PMDD symptoms but insurance would not pay for that alone so I immediately told her I want ALL OF IT OUT. I hurt so badly, I could not sit down at during the visits. I didn't seek out a 2nd opinion because I was in serious pain.

I remained overnight in the hospital, went home the next morning and didn't even have to take any pain medicine. The nurses and doctors were wonderful and while I got very little sleep that night due to LOTS OF GAS from the air they used to inflate my abdomen, I still had a great experience.

Recovery was a breeze with my worse pain being a 2 or 3. I bled for about 2 weeks afterward and had a yeast infection at week 6 post op but it was quickly remedied. I was not looking forward to hot flashes and menopause symptoms immediately after the surgery but anything that stopped the pain and PMDD symptoms was worth it to me. I went back to work 3 weeks after surgery and was released to pick up things over 15 pounds at the 6 week mark.

My health has improved by leaps and bounds since my surgery. While I am still having PMDD symptoms, those should taper off about 6 months after hysterectomy and I am so glad I had this done.

I would advise you to have a doctor you can trust and ask all of the questions you may have, even if they may sound silly. Do your research beforehand if at all possible so you will know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register