surgery pushed out again & lost my job | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery pushed out again & lost my job surgery pushed out again & lost my job

Unread 06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
surgery pushed out again & lost my job

WAS SUPPOSE TO SET UP SURGERY FOR A SECOND TIME ON WED 6/9 HOWEVER THEY CALLED AND RESET APPT DATE FOR 6/23 AND I LOST MY JOB

I AM SO SICK OF ALL OF THIS.
I guess that is just the way life is.
I just pray that they do my surgery before my 3 month shot of lupron wears off.
I am not in pain anymore thanks to the Lupron shot however because The very Dumb County hospital screwed so many things up, I missed a whole heck of a lot of work, I ended up losing my job. Before you say you can't be fired because of it. The owner made my life a living hell after missing all of that work. She was mean and I went home crying everyday. Then she fired me because my attitude was bad and it made me dis loyal. There is always a way to get someone out.
I am so sick of all of this.
All I want is my hysterectomy before I go completely insane
Oh wait I think I am already there.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Nikki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 04:45 PM

Hi,

How awful! Poor you! Not much comfort I know, but a boss like that doesn't do you any good at all (been there, done that). When you are all better get yourself a job with an decent company.

Console yourself with plotting revenge (don't do anything for real, just enjoy the thought!).

Hope things improve for you really soon.

xxxxx

Down with mean bosses. Boo Hiss.
Unread 06-13-2004, 05:42 PM

so sorry to hear about the job loss. maybe it will be for the best and the job you find after this is all over will be a better one.

doesn't sound like you had a very good environment at the last one.

you'll be feeling so much better once the pain is gone, you will glow and get a really good job.

that's my wish for you.

glad you found the site. it's the best venting place ever!

artbird,
i'll be sending wonderful thoughts your way tomorrow.
hope that the tea and chocolate hit the spot.

cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 06:27 PM

They say when one door closes another one opens. It probably isn't that great now, but you will need to rest after your surgery anyway. Who knows, you may just get the career of your dreams.

Good luck to you.
Unread 06-13-2004, 10:01 PM

Aw Nikki, I really feel for you, I do. I know where you're coming from. I was on Lupron and it played hell with my PMS - just before surgery I was given a verbal warning about my attitude and told to buck up. Can't others see we're stressed enough with surgery? What about a little compassion? But some people are heartless. I am so sorry for you. This is the last thing you need now.

I'm sure you would be in your legal rights to fight this discrimination, because that's what it is, but I guess you haven't the strength what with surgery looming. In the UK we have an indepentant office we gives free advice regarding workers' rights, etc. Perhaps there is an equivalent in your State.

As for your Lupron injections, I have read from other ladies on this site that you can get them beyond the initial 3 months, at extra cost and extra risk of course.

I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 06-14-2004, 06:43 AM

I feel for you. I have lost quite a few jobs due to my health....and that strange thing when lack of health insurance dictates how much your Doc will support you.
Most recently the veterinary hospital I worked at. I told them about the surgery. Thier response was please schedule around the more senior staff's vacations.....I actually tried to do this../bonks self on head. When it became apparent that I would be out for some time the owners wife called me at work and told me to take some time off until I recovered. So I didn't have to stress over work and surgery.
A week later the owner called me over a case and proceeded to tell me how worthless I was for walking out on them without even so much as a notice.....
I hate to say it but what goes around comes around. Someday someone will do to her something as equally awful and hateful as she did to me.

Amy
Unread 06-14-2004, 09:02 AM

You need

Isn't it interesting how women treat other women over things they cannot control. I too had a boss like that Drove me straight to the loonie bin. The bigger boss did not find out until a few days before I left.

It was a four year quest,,...finishing university takeing a post grad course, a six month job and now for the last six years a wonderful job with understanding women, benefits, a pension...but it's only eight months a year and not full time hours. It's all I can handle now but hopefully when I begin my new life post hyst it will be a new life.

Keep smiling, it helps
nanc
Unread 06-14-2004, 12:01 PM

Hi Nikki,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your job. Nikki God knows all things and I know he will bless you with a much better job. I was laid off from a job that I really enjoyed working at, but they had to cut back, so I was the one that they let go, but guess what God bless me with a better job and I have my own office now, I have never had my own office since I have been in the work force. So always remember that it may not seem good at first but one day you will look back at this moment and say look what God has bless me with. Take good care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers.

With Love,

Linda
Unread 06-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Thank You

You all are wonderful
It sounds like I am not the only one.
I have a wonderful boyfriend/fiance. He understands and supports me in everything I do. Coming back to this site makes me see so much clearer than trying to deal with it all on my own.

Thank you for reminding me of that.
Nikki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register