Scheduled dVH/RALH Counting down the days until the 21st | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Counting down the days until the 21st Counting down the days until the 21st

Unread 03-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Counting down the days until the 21st

Hi everyone. I am having a total da vinci hysterectomy on the 21st. I am nervous as can be since this is a major surgery but I do feel better since it will be done with the da vinci. Just had my pre op appt and got some of my questions answered. I have suspected endometriosis and I have been in massive pain since October. It has not let up and has gotten worse each month even though I had the Depo shot in January. I have massive lower pelvic pain with occasional lower back pain. It usually follows my cycle but the past two months I only get a few days of no pain. Doctors have ruled out everything else and the CT of my belly showed cysts on my ovaries. I have been in and out of the ER with major pain issues. The time before last the doctor told me I was in there too often and he would not help me. I was so mad. This last time I went, a few days ago, I had a sympathetic doctor who gave me a morphine shot and some pain pills to take home. My doctor has no problem doing the hysterectomy since I cannot have anymore children anymore and he thinks it is endo. He does not want to waste time doing a lapro first so he is going to go ahead with the hysterectomy. I cannot wait so I am pain free once again. I have not had a period since the Depo shot so I do not have that issue but my uterus gives me hell everytime I am supposed to have one. This is usually when I wind up in the ER because of how bad the pain is. I have a very understanding husband who is off work to take care of me until I am healed from surgery. My son lives with his dad so I do not have to worry about him and my daughter is going to her aunt and uncles house for several days when I have the surgery since it is during Spring Break. I am just counting down the days and hoping and praying my body cooperates a few more days. So far, I have taken almost all of my pain meds and am still in some massive pain. I think my uterus and ovaries decided not to go down without a fight!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Re: Counting down the days until the 21st

Hi Leggs

I am sorry you are in such pain. That is not anyway to live. I hope your hysterectomy will take care of your situation.

Being nervous is normal - as you said this is major surgery. I was nervous too.

We are here to support you and get you through this. I have read posts from women on this site who had endo and are glad they had this surgery.

Good luck to you.....

(((Hugs)))
Unread 03-17-2012, 06:36 PM

I am counting the days too until my hysterectomy on the 22nd...my birthday. Not the way to celebrate. I too am nervous and my surgery is always one thought away. When I get too worried I come to this site and get reminded I am not alone in this. Sorry you are hurting so much. I am blessed not too feel real badly. 4-6 weeks seems like such a long time to heal and be tired. I am blessed with a husband who is retired who will look after me and enough sick days to be able to heal. You are in my prayers. We will be healing together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 09:24 AM

Thanks girls! I appreciate the kind words. I am just ready for this to be done and over with so I do not have to worry about it anymore!
Unread 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM

Amen to the not worrying about it. It takes a lot of energy to worry and I think that wears me down some. It sure is nice to have sisters out there going thru the same thing. I am not alone. Bless you and prayers.
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:04 PM

My surgery is the 21st, too, so maybe we can count down together? I am looking forward to the pain being gone, too!
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.N. View Post
My surgery is the 21st, too, so maybe we can count down together? I am looking forward to the pain being gone, too!
Yes ma'am it looks like we are in it together. What type are you having done? I am getting it all taken out with the robot but he is taking the uterus out vaginally. I figure I had a ten pound baby naturally this should be a walk in the park! LOL
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Am having a vaginal hysterectomy. keeping ovaries and tubes. had an emergency appendectomy last year and a c-section the year before that. Am thinking the pain/recovery will be something like those two recoveries.... not fun, but necessary! I am trying so hard to focus on 6 weeks from now!
Unread 03-18-2012, 02:38 PM

Ladies - I'm on 'count down' alert as well. Scheduled for 21st. Having cervix and uterus removed - keeping ovaries. Trying to keep busy and get things ready but can't seem to sleep these days!! Best of luck to you lovely ladies! We're all in this together. And we're so blessed to have found this amazing site!!
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM

im having uterus removed, keeping ovaries, not sure about cervix. only had one appt so far. find everything out and schedule surgery this tuesday. really scared!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register