Scheduled LAVH Can't stop thinking about Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't stop thinking about Surgery Can't stop thinking about Surgery

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Can't stop thinking about Surgery

So, I'm not necessarily worried about the surgery- I just can't stop thinking about it. Like, every waking moment it's on my mind. I'm picturing it- wondering what this or that is going to be like.

Maybe it's because I'm a nurse or just a control freak but I want to understand every aspect of it.

Also, the fact that the surgery is 2 whole months out is driving me nuts. I am not a patient person- waiting that long for anything makes me insane.

Has anyone else one through is? Or am I just nutso?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Re: Can't stop thinking about Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by activismnurse View Post
So, I'm not necessarily worried about the surgery- I just can't stop thinking about it. Like, every waking moment it's on my mind. I'm picturing it- wondering what this or that is going to be like.

Maybe it's because I'm a nurse or just a control freak but I want to understand every aspect of it.

Also, the fact that the surgery is 2 whole months out is driving me nuts. I am not a patient person- waiting that long for anything makes me insane.

Has anyone else one through is? Or am I just nutso?

Hi

I feel the exact same way. I am feeling very indifferent about the surgery, however its all i am thinking about. Mines is Tuesday.

I am also for some strange reason keeping my Girlfriends out of the loop. Most think it is the best thing and the others think i can change everything if i just follow a strict diet. So i have stop reporting the updates. Everytime they ask i just reply "i am waiting for this" or "i am waiting for that"..

Anyway December will be here before you know you. I remember just the other day, i kept saying that i didnt have a date, now here i am a week away..
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Nope, not nuts. I don't even fully know what is going on with me and it is driving me nuts! I work in health care and I'm a control freak too! Maybe it is just in our DNA. Try keep yourself busy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Once I was scheduled it was all i could think about.
even in my dreams I was having the flow issue ! : (

As a nurse you know what will be expected of you. You'll have to take it easy though. Every nurse I ever met works so very hard to take care of others...it will be time to take care of YOU!
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:56 PM

I am the same way! I scheduled mine six months in advance so I have been obsessing about it this entire time. Now I am down to 22 days and am obsessing even more. I am not worried about the surgery as much as I am the recovery and how it will affect my family. I too am a control freak so I'm sure that contributes to it. Good to know I'm not the only one....Control freaks unite! LOL
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM

I am doing the same thing. I over plan things I can't stop going over everything in my head.
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:04 PM

No, you are not nutso, it's normal!!

Mine is next week, and I have actual excel spreadsheets with different "tabs" - - a Master to-do list, and then "sub" lists for things within the to-do list...all the way down to what needs to be sitting next to me in my recovery space. Maybe I am the one who is nutso!
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakiChi View Post
No, you are not nutso, it's normal!!

Mine is next week, and I have actual excel spreadsheets with different "tabs" - - a Master to-do list, and then "sub" lists for things within the to-do list...all the way down to what needs to be sitting next to me in my recovery space. Maybe I am the one who is nutso!
I have done the same thing!! I have a spreadsheet for everything! I have also typed a very detailed schedule for my husband so he doesn't screw up anything with the kids when I am out of commission. I think he may have been a little insulted since he is their dad but it seems reasonable to me. Maybe we are all nutso
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:32 PM

My surgery is next week Thursday, and am having a lot of anxiety about it. I'm not afraid of the surgery just afraid of what's going to happen afterwards, my husband is taking a week off from work to help me out but I just can't help feeing this way.
Unread 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Can't stop thinking about Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmae82 View Post
I have done the same thing!! I have a spreadsheet for everything! I have also typed a very detailed schedule for my husband so he doesn't screw up anything with the kids when I am out of commission. I think he may have been a little insulted since he is their dad but it seems reasonable to me. Maybe we are all nutso
Oh I'm laughing with your spreadsheets:-) its 1.30 am and I can't sleep (post op insomnia) it was my husband who had the spreadsheets made up by his PA!! Do whatever you need to do to be organised. Planning is good..but accept all help when it comes even if it's not in ur spreadsheet. Good luck to all you ladies and see you in the other side in post op:-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register