I sure hope so!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Life Begins at 40

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I sure hope so!! I sure hope so!!

Unread 01-09-2017, 07:06 PM
I sure hope so!!

I just turned 42 and I have no idea how I got here!!

I had a partial hysterectomy on 12/7/16. After many years in pain from fibroids. I lost a lot of my life and I hope once I heal (has been a long recovery and is still going), I will be able to get my life back and be able to enjoy things. So, I'm thinking my 40s are gonna be my best years so far and years after are gonna be the greatest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2017, 05:42 PM
I sure hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebsonblue View Post

I had a partial hysterectomy on 12/7/16. After many years in pain from fibroids. I lost a lot of my life and I hope once I heal (has been a long recovery and is still going), I will be able to get my life back and be able to enjoy things. So, I'm thinking my 40s are gonna be my best years so far and years after are gonna be the greatest!
Ohmigosh! I am in the same boat!!!! I have been picking up the pieces of my life for the last 4 years! I'm focusing (or I'm trying very hard!) on the positive this year!
How is your recovery coming?
I'd love to chat with you-especially to see if we had similar symptoms prior to and after surgery!
Unread 03-09-2017, 11:45 PM
I sure hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebsonblue View Post

Same here! I just turned 40 and had a total hysterectomy and ovaries out about two weeks later. I too have lost a lot of time to pain… About 16 years worth. So life had better start at 40 because I am counting on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2017, 11:47 PM
I sure hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandywine7452 View Post
Ohmigosh! I am in the same boat!!!! I have been picking up the pieces of my life for the last 4 years! I'm focusing (or I'm trying very hard!) on the positive this year!
How is your recovery coming?
I'd love to chat with you-especially to see if we had similar symptoms prior to and after surgery!
Ditto that!!! How are things going? My six week post op is tomorrow. Hopefully I will get the all clear and as I continue to heal my strength and energy will return. Looking forward to life being a lot better physically.
Unread 03-21-2017, 06:56 AM
I sure hope so!!

Wow so glad there are others out here!! 43 and 3 weeks post op TVH w/bladder sling kept ovaries. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery and a very joyful 40's time to take back our lives!
Unread 03-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Re: I sure hope so!!

I had often said to myself I'd get it done when I was 40- well a week after my birthday, it was out! I still don't have the all clear, and was told my sutures will start coming undone in the next 3-6 months. But she wants me back in at least one more time to see if things are improving- or may send me to pt (eek!)
Then I think I have to see her at the one-year mark.
But sure hoping I can start doing things again soon!! I tried carrying a grocery bag on each hip today (they had no handles!) - I really don't recommend it @_@ I'm itching to go live a pain-free life!!!
Unread 05-04-2017, 09:45 AM

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is recovering nicely.
Mine is scheduled in 3 weeks.
I'm 48. Never knew I had a fibroid this large. Now I'm blaming it on weight gain. Since my eating habits haven't changed.
I need more energy.
Unread 05-04-2017, 07:49 PM
I sure hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcalN View Post
I'm 48. Never knew I had a fibroid this large. Now I'm blaming it on weight gain. Since my eating habits haven't changed.
I need more energy.
You didn't do anything to cause this! Getting rid of this enemy will give you more energy! It's a long recovery, but you need to enjoy this time and take care of yourself. This is YOUR time.
Unread 05-05-2017, 06:18 PM
I sure hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcalN View Post
I need more energy.
Best to you!! I think ultimately it will be a good thing once all the healing is done. I know what you mean, even my own doctors didn't know I had a fibroid so large underneath the uterus. It did not show up on ultrasound. They only found it during surgery and said that my uterus was sized 16 weeks.
My body still thinks you should be having periods and I still get sort of PMS like symptoms but I trust that this will all be better. I am struggling with the hormones – patch versus pills.
I do need to stop eating comfort food though
Take care!!
Unread 07-21-2017, 01:39 PM

You guys are a great inspiration! 3 months post hysterectomy (all removed) and I am an emotional wreck! Never having children isn't helping. I too am wondering how did I get here so quickly. Love reading positives !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register