9 years post hysterectomy: Weightloss | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 years post hysterectomy: Weightloss 9 years post hysterectomy: Weightloss

Unread 01-26-2021, 02:21 PM
9 years post hysterectomy: Weightloss

Weightloss issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2021, 04:37 AM
9 years post hysterectomy: Weightloss

Here are my top tips for successful weight loss: keep a food diary, and be sure to include all those BLTs - bites, licks, and tastes; fill at least half your plate with non-starchy vegetables, the remainder with a serving of carbs about the size of your cupped hand, and a palm-sized serving of protein; include moderate amounts of MUFAs, monounsaturated fatty acids from avocados, nuts and seeds, and olive oil; focus on low-glycemic carbs from most fruits and vegetables, legumes, and whole grains; cook and cool high-carb foods to create resistant starch, which is more likely to be eliminated in your poop than stored as fat; have 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a shot glass of warm water prior to a high-carb meal to further lower the glycemic load; minimize or avoid common diet saboteurs like alcoholic or sugary drinks, refined grain products, hydrogenated fats, sodium based additives, and any ingredients that your grandmother wouldn't recognize, or that a fourth grader couldn't pronounce; take regular walks as local pandemic restrictions allow, or look for an online aerobics class like Zumba; add in an online strength training class that utilizes your own weight or ordinary household objects. Best wishes for a successful weight loss, and for your continued health!
Unread 01-29-2021, 04:07 AM
Re: Weightloss

Good tips from Tiger_Eye. The saying goes that fitness is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, and after taking part in a fitness challenge at my gym, I believe it. The nutrition factor was the kick I needed. The right balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats help - and we tend to eat a lot of highly processed carbs found in convenience foods with extra stuff in them. I don't buy into diet fads, either - if part of the regimen is getting off of it after a certain point in time to let your body "reset", then it's probably pushing nutrition to an extreme which is not sustainable. It's better to learn how to eat right for life than chase after yo-yo trends.

Can't say enough about adding strength training to exercise. Cardio is good, we need it. It's the strength training that builds muscle which in turn uses more calories AND burns fat.

Your surgery was 8+ years ago. Are you menopausal now, or approaching menopause? That could make it more challenging to lose weight, but the basic tenants are the same.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register