Gaining weight despite working out more (2017) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gaining weight despite working out more (2017) Gaining weight despite working out more (2017)

Unread 10-18-2017, 08:00 AM
Gaining weight despite working out more (2017)

My hysterectomy plus ovaries was in January 2017, I had a catheter until Aug due to a complication and lost 2 stone doing nothing.

Now I’m back at work, eating properly and running twice a week. But I’m gaining weight, losing muscle and I don’t get it!

I’m not on HRT, I have Endo so chose not to. I’m 33 years old and I don’t want those 2 stone back. I can see my middle expanding though. I don’t understand how I can go from doing nothing and losing 2 stone to walking to work everyday, running twice a week and still gain weight and lose muscle!
Help please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Re: Gaining weight despite working out more

I am struggling with weight, too. I had lost some and was doing well, but when I went back to work I stopped keeping track of calories - I'm trying to keep it between 1200 and 1500 per day. I find that if I don't actually keep track of that and how mch water I'm drinking, I don't lose.

If you're doing everything right, maybe it's a hormone imbalance?
Unread 08-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Re: Gaining weight despite working out more

I could have written this. Mine was in January too. I actually lost a couple pounds right away but it all came back and then some. I run at least 3 times a week and do other cardio/weight training. I do eat right, but find that everything sticks to me like glue even if it’s healthy.. and my pants are getting tighter I’m 35. I’m used to knowing whatever “bad” thing I ate would eventually come off. Now I’m just bloated all the time, and when I do eat I don’t want much. I feel ridiculous sometimes because if god forbid I want to enjoy a glass of wine or beer once in awhile with friends, I feel guilty. I don’t usually indulge anymore but if I do, I pay for it. They say the number on the scale isn’t everything. I wouldn’t care about that number as much if my waist wasn’t getting bigger or I didn’t feel so full or bloated 95% of the time! I could attribute it to muscle possibly if I felt normal. I totally don’t feel like myself but I’m hoping this is still part of the healing process?! Because no one else understands and it’s very hard to explain why I feel so fat even if I may not look it to anyone. Or if some days I don’t feel like eating. This is why.

I forgot to take my estrogen for like 2 weeks and am now back on it.. I wonder if that added an extra couple pounds. I don’t eat nearly enough food to have gained this much. I also wonder if I’m constipated. I may stop at the store and get some fiber stuff to put in my water. Idk what else to do but wait it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2020, 02:36 PM
Gaining weight despite working out more (2017)

Too much cardio causes cortisol to spike and will actually prohibit weight loss. I've stopped doing cardio and lost weight. All cardio would do for me is make me really really starving and overeat. I don't feel as stressed/irritated either. I focus on callanetics, yoga, intermittent fasting, and counting calories.

There are some really good YouTube videos on the subject as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register