What's your pets name and why? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
What's your pets name and why?

We have a dog named Emmitt and a cat named Dallas because we are Dallas Cowboys fans and I have a cat named Trouble because when she was a kitten, she got into everything!!

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2005, 09:46 PM

Fun topic!

We have a dog named " Pepper", she is a 10 year old Shelti.

Also, recently, we found a kitten at an old Boy Scout campground now used for public. So we appropriatly named him "Scout"

Love my pets!
Unread 05-06-2005, 11:54 PM

My family and I adopted a pet from our local humane society last year on Feb 9th, 2004.

He is a Pomeranian and Chihuahua mix. He is absolutely adorable.

We name him Hunter. Well, because he looks like a Fox and Foxes hunt, I guess. Or get hunted.
Anyways, his nick name from me is Hunter Bean or Bean for short, because he is so hyper and my daughter calls him BeanoSupremo.

Amazingly he answers to all 3 names.
He is very loving with a sweet disposition.

Thought I'd share that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2005, 06:55 AM
awesome to see all the animal lovers out there so here goes.....

When i was growing up i had a german shepard/ huskie mix named Pupcuz (kuz is pronounced as if you were saying cousin) He was with us until my sophmore year in college and i wasn't home when he passed. My mom told me over the phone and i ran back to my room and cried myself to sleep for the next 2 solid weeks. Now to the present..I have a 11 month old pug named Maynard!!! He is so adorable ..and he snores!!! And i have two cats..one is named Avery..he's jet black with emerald green eyes and white patches on his paws, chest ,underbelly and tip of his nose..He has much attitude but is very loving...when he wants to be stroked he will come up to you and gently headbutt your leg until you give in. Also just rescued a 8 month old, slightly pyschotic, extremly acrobatic, dark grey and black striped tabby named ala-wish-shish..i call him ali for short. They really complete me.
Unread 05-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Smile - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

House Bunnies Rule!

Cleo is my beautiful silky black full rex full of attitude. We've had her for 3 years now. She actually picked me in the pet store not the other way around. She's like having a real live soft plush animal.

She is clean, healthy and loving and even uses the litter box and plays fetch, meets me at the door, gives me kisses when i ask, butts me with her nose for petting and loving, (gets jealous if i pet stuffed animas LOL), watches TV and responds to simple training comands. She's a great pet for me in an apartment.
She amazes me every day just watching her.

I don't think she knows she's a rabbit. She does things like a cat and a dog and for an animal that doesn't make noise unless scared or hurt can let you know so much by body language.

She's my best friend.
Her name is cleo because I got confused but we kept it anyway. One of my favorite movies is pinnochio and I thought the cat's name was cleo and the fish figaro but I had it backwards. My cleo has behavior tendencies like figaro.
Unread 05-16-2005, 09:34 AM

We have 4 dogs and 2 cats
Dogs:

Apollo: almost 7 yr old lab mix. He was such a baby we decided to give him a "manly" name. we actually searched on the web for a name for him and my son chose Apollo.

Chichi: Over weight grouchy chihuahua. Her name is Chichi becuase it fits her.

Emmy: A 2+ yr old dashaund. My daughter named her Emmy because my daughter name is Mikayla and she wanted the dog to have a name like hers. My daughter was 3 at the time, so to a 3 yr old, Mikayla starts with a M, therefore naming the dog Emmy, it all fit!!!

Jake: Not quit 2 yr old beautiful pure bred lab. Jake got the name because we thought that it would be mean to name him DUHHH!! he is not the brightest star in the sky. He barks at his own reflection. But he is the most gentle dog in the world!!

Sabrina: Our black cat. Named after Sabrina the teenaged witch.

Willard: My pride and joy. A grey and white tiger cat. He has the most incredible stripes. When my husband brougt him home he was very little and we were told he was a female. OK..he was named Lilly. Well, a couple of weeks later, i happened to look a little more closer at "Lilly", well, he was growing quite large. Lilly could not be a lilly and my kids wanted to name him "Willy" I told them that that sounded like a nick-name for a penis and Willard it is!!!!

We are totally insane for having all these animls, but we love all the caos. My daughter would love to have a farm, but we have finally have put our feet down and said no more!!!
Unread 05-17-2005, 10:36 AM

We have three black labs.
Onyx, 10 years old, was a Valentine's Day gift for my DH before we married.
Opal, 4 years: came from our first attempt at breeding Onyx. She was the runt, and I ALWAYS keep the runt.
Pearl, 1 year old: came to us from the sire of Opal, but not Onyx's puppy. They are all so beautiful and energetic, and Onyx is my children's protector. She will defend them at the drop of a hat, and has proved it more than once.
Okay, did anybody catch it? Onyx, Opal, and Pearl: they are all named for black stones, all precious! Corny, maybem but well suited to my 80 lb. lapdogs!
Vanessa
Unread 05-20-2005, 08:37 PM

I'm owned by 2 labs--Otso, our big yellow male and Taiga, our feisty black female. Otso is 3 years old and was named by our son. We understand the word is Finnish and means "Bear". It suits him--he's got a head as big as a bear! Taiga is the name of the semi-tundra region that is our favorite part of Rocky Mountain National Park. She was named by our daughter, the wildlife biologist! She's small compared to her older brother, but makes up for it in feistiness!

Kathy
Unread 05-26-2005, 11:47 AM

Our black cat is called ***** because he was a stray and was hiding in our woodpile. He took a lot of coaxing out but now we are definitely his humans. He even brings us the odd rat or two (dead luckily) to thank us!!!
Regards,
Diane
Unread 05-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Smile - What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Litalboy - a not so little rescued greyhound, named that way cause we always say come here little boy anyway. He is a beautiful medium brindle dog

Cleopatra - She looks and acts like an egyptian queen. we picked her cause she matched the dog, perfectly. it's weird, they blend together on the dog bed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register