Calling all MN HysterSisters!! (2007) - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Minnesota

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calling all MN HysterSisters!! (2007) Calling all MN HysterSisters!! (2007)

Unread 04-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Calling all MN HysterSisters!! (2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebeer1960
glad to find a local board but after being on this site a couple of days, I'm really getting paranoid. I don't know the 'abbreviations" for my type of hyst....I am getting "cut", can't have a lap assisted or a vag hyst, as my doc says I am too small, never had kids and my uterus is "really" high.
I was told 3 days in hosp, 2 total weeks off of work and then could work half days for 2 weeks.
Seems like from all I've read here, that is a really small time off. What do you guys think?
Your doctor told you that time line? I had the surgery you are going to have and I was told 2-3 days in hospital and 4-6 weeks recovery. No way is recovery from abdominal surgery two weeks and then back to work part-time. I'd speculate 4 weeks off before starting part-time. I also had a very high and firm uterus and couldn't have the vaginal surgery. Don't worry about the abbreviations. Most of us just get it from each other. Just put TAH. Are you keeping your ovaries? I just had my right one removed, so I add RSO to my byline. I don't even know what the SO stands for - ha ha! Best wishes to you. I live in Minnetonka and went through Park Nicollet Clinic Methodist Hospital. I was VERY happy with my doctors and with the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM

Hi litebeer1960 and

To find a list of the Abbreviations used here on the site, click "Quick Links" located in the lavender bar near the top right of this page. The drop-down menu features "Abbreviations" near the bottom of the list.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 04-29-2007, 08:47 PM

Hello Litebeer, I also had the abdominal surgeryl. I was in the hospital for 4 days and off work for 6 weeks. I wouldn't count on being off just two weeks. You will still have a lot of healing to do at two weeks. Best of luck with your surgery. Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 09:33 PM

Theresa, I noticed that you had your surgery at Methodist. Anyone have it at North? I live in Crystal, but grew up in Minnetonka and my parents still live there.
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:42 AM

Has anyone who is post-op had trouble with terrible headache after? Tummy is great, my head pain is the problem! Hope everyone is doing well! For all who are pre-op I found alot of negatives while looking around this site but it really wasn't too bad to go thru. I've been thru a major back surgery where I had to learn to walk again which was much worse. So don't be as afraid as I was! Take Care!
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:44 AM

Hi Banner maker, I'll be thinking of you and praying for an easy recovery tomorrow! Take care! Let us know how you are doing!
Unread 05-06-2007, 07:13 AM

Bannermaker,

I saw that you had surgery on the 4th. I hope you are doing as well as can be expected. I had mine at North. They are a great group over there. Hope you had a good experience.

Let us know how you are feeling. Talk to you later.
Unread 05-11-2007, 02:43 PM

Hello All!

I am new to this and have about one week left before surgery. This will be my first major surgery and am getting a little nervous/anxious about the surgery itself and then the recovery. Any tips or suggestions?

I am having my abdominal hyst done in Grand Rapids (which is 1 1/2 hours from home).
Unread 05-13-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollybear
Hello All!

I am new to this and have about one week left before surgery. This will be my first major surgery and am getting a little nervous/anxious about the surgery itself and then the recovery. Any tips or suggestions?

I am having my abdominal hyst done in Grand Rapids (which is 1 1/2 hours from home).
Hi Lollybear! I live in the Minneapolis area. I had an abdominal hysterectomy 7 weeks ago, so I'm just starting to be back at near-normal (takes 4 to 8 weeks, depending on the person). Read up lots on this website; I found the information invaluable pre-op and the support group for my week invaluable post-op. I think as long as you are prepared for what is normal following your surgery, your fears will be less and you will hurt less. Best wishes to you!!!
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:50 PM

The anticipation of the surgery I thought was the worst part. One thing I brought to the hospital was my own mini pads as the ones they gave me were really thick and no sticky on the bottom! I just got the OK for a tub bath again and have been driving after I was completely off the pain meds! I do get tired and don't go too far! Its good to rest alot after! What kind of a hysterectomy are you having? I had a laproscopic assisted vaginal one and it was not that bad! Everything removed. Had hot flashes at first but Dr says that they could be from the hormones still in my system so am waiting to see if I need hrt. So good luck to you lollybear and we will all be thinking of you on the 21st and praying for a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register