Getting a 'pre-op' bikini wax tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a 'pre-op' bikini wax tomorrow! Getting a 'pre-op' bikini wax tomorrow!

Unread 05-18-2002, 12:56 AM
Getting a 'pre-op' bikini wax tomorrow!

Hey ladies - In an effort to gain some control and limit the discomfort after my upcoming surgery... A friend and I are heading to the spa tomorrow for a brazillian bikini wax! (I think there is VERY little hair left) I thought back when I had my c-section and I found that the part they shaved was very itchy and annoying when it grew back. Well, instead of shaving me I will have taken care of it myself already! They are also going to do my legs and underarms so when I am healing I won't turn into apewoman and feel so gross for not being able to take a bath and shave! Just a small way of trying to reclaim my femininity! You all are so wonderful and I am so unbelievably grateful to have found this website!

Love and kisses!
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2002, 07:18 AM

Hi Diane,

What a great idea! And the hospital staff will be glad that you saved them some work too! It never hurts to score points with the hospital staff !

All the best to you for a very successful surgery and recovery!
Unread 05-18-2002, 08:05 AM

OWW! I hope it feels better than I imagine. :explode: I think I would be toooo tender there for anyone to be stripping even a bandaid off me!!!! I think I'll just wait for my time at the Castle. Good luck to you!!!

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2002, 08:53 AM
Ouch

I am glad you are having this done 2+ weeks before surgery to give those hair folicles some time to heal.
If anyone is thinking of doing this right before surgery, I think it would NOT be a good idea. It would create an opportunity for infection to be introduced into those newly opened folicles and pores. I know the hospitals don't want you to shave yourself in that area before you go in for surgery for the same reason.
My shave in the hospital was just a partial, so not too bad.
Anyway have fun tomorrow.
Unread 05-18-2002, 09:05 AM
oooh...never thought about that!

I usually get my bikini area waxed 2 - 3 times in the summer - I hate the feel of a shave (the after effect). Since my date at the castle is in 4 weeks, maybe I'd better get a wax appt. in the first of June!

Ouchies! And since it'll be hard to shave the legs, maybe I'd better have them done too.... I shudder at the thought!

Better get on the phone and book it, before I chicken out! Maybe the spa can give me some "happy juice" before they start to pull the wax strips off.
Unread 05-18-2002, 09:27 AM

Why didn't I think of that? 3 weeks post op I had my husband shave the jungle on my legs . I was standing up in the bathtub and I can't believe the amount of engery it took to stand on one leg. I was in complete agony by the time it was over. Good for you!
Unread 05-18-2002, 03:51 PM

My first thought was OUCH too, although, I've been wondering about the Brazilian ever since I saw an episode about it on Sex in the City!

Given Seeshelley's concerns, have you considered checking with your doc about the potential for infection, etc.?

I certainly don't want to rain on your parade; reclaiming your femininity can be really important and spa days with girlfriends are sooo much fun, (just as itchy genitals are not) but, at least from my vantage point, nothing is worth risking a situation where surgery might be complicated or delayed.

Just a thought, Diane

Cecee
Unread 05-18-2002, 04:17 PM

I shaved my legs a few days before surgery, but since it was in the winter I wasn't too worried about the first couple of weeks after. Before my first post op DR's apt I used an electric razor. It doesn't do as good a job as a blade, but I could sit or lay on the bed to do it. It was easier than trying to shave in the shower!

And I have to echo Shelley and Cecee's warnings: it's better to err on the side of caution than to take a chance of infection. When in doubt check with your DR.
Unread 05-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Whew!

Hey ladies - all done! I chickened out on the brazilian, (saw it on Sex and the City too!) and had them just wax downward about 2 inches below my c-section scar, (they wouldn't cut anywhere else would they?). It's been about 6 hours and there is absolutely no redness or bumps. They used a really soothing massage oil afterwards the only thing sore are my eyebrows! The spa was fabulous, I may have to move in! I am thrilled with my legs and underarms too. After all the painful procedures I have had done ... pelvic nerve killing injections, very OUCH! This was well worth it, they use pretty large strips on the legs and it went really quick and it wasn't really pain. Something about the hot wax kind of numbed it. If I was going to inflict pain on myself I wanted it not to be medical related for once. It's funny about your husband shaving you, mine had too also when I was pregnant, standing up in the bath too! I would shave as far as I could reach, (not far) and he would finish. I recommend it to anyone! The wax that is! I purposely had it done almost 3 weeks pre-op to give any problems time to heal, but no sign of any today.

Thanks!
Diane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register