Did you get a private room at the Castle? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did you get a private room at the Castle? Did you get a private room at the Castle?

Unread 09-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Did you get a private room at the Castle?

I have the option of paying $35 a day more for private, and I consider that a bargain. No arguments over TV (unless of course they have those "personal" TVs that are on your bedrail)....

Hope there's one available (they never promise) next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2004, 02:04 PM
I feel so blessed!

They only have private rooms at the hospital I'm staying at, so I don't have to pay extra. My mom will be staying with me on a couch to help me get around and keep me company. I never even thought about the inconveniences that having a stranger as a roommate can bring. I feel very blessed that I don't have to think about it as being an option.

Many blessings to you.

nmil
Unread 09-14-2004, 02:07 PM

I paid an extra $75/day for a private room and it was definitely worth it, in my opinion. I had DBF bring my laptop in, so I was online the night of my hyster...can you say internet junkie? I also could watch tv anytime of day or night that I wanted, but didn't have to listen to it when I didn't want to. When I saw the semi-private room just down the hall that had 4 little kids running in and out, visiting one of the patients, I knew I'd made the right decision.

s
Cat
Unread 09-14-2004, 06:26 PM

i hope you all get private rooms, but i would settle for the hallway right now, if i could just get a surgery date.
Unread 09-14-2004, 07:04 PM

Hi Everybody!

Prior to entering the Castle, it never even crossed my mind to inquire if I was going to have a private room. As it turned out, I shared a room with a darling woman who had her hyst by the same gyn, right before mine that morning. She was such a comfort to me. I will never forget her. I had a TAH and she had a TVH, so she was in much better shape than me, and was so helpful to me in many ways. She had such a nurturing way about her. Our surgeries occurred on the day that US bombs first fell on Bagdad. We were glued to CNN, and shared our fears about the war. She only had one visitor, her DH, and he was so sweet to me. I liked having a roommate like Becky. It was a nice distraction. I had a little incident with my patient-controlled medication pump malfunctioning in the middle of the night, and she was very supportive.

For those of you who want a private room in the Castle, I hope that your wishes come true. But, if you do end up sharing your room, it's not necessarily going to be a negative experience. It certainly wasn't for me!

Best Wishes and Many s to All!
Unread 09-14-2004, 07:16 PM

I had a private room. I had to pay 50.00 each day but it was worth it to me..
Unread 09-14-2004, 10:48 PM

I am having a private room because like julie (Stoke on Trent) I am going private and its not being done on the NHS, if it was I would be in a ward with 3 maybe 4 people normally in the maternity side of the hospital. I have private health insurance that goes with my job so thankfully it isnt costing me a penny.

Suze
Unread 09-15-2004, 04:52 AM

The OB/GYN floor at my hospital has nothing but private rooms. But my insurance will only pay for semi-private, so they paid their part for a sem-private and then I was billed the difference between a semi and a private room... which was only $15 a night. I stayed 2 nights so I owe a total of $30 for the difference there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register