Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 27-Aug 02,2020 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 27-Aug 02,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 27-Aug 02,2020

Unread 08-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 27-Aug 02,2020

So this is random but during my nap I had a completely unsolicited O in my dream! This had happened to me before but certainly wasn't expecting it right now! And then I was totally freaked out that something would start hurting but I feel fine. I'm not planning to make this happen while I'm awake but is it a bad thing for my healing? On the one hand I'm happy it felt normal and the same as it used to, on the other hand I'm a little freaked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 27-Aug 02,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel1221 View Post
So this is random but during my nap I had a completely unsolicited O in my dream! This had happened to me before but certainly wasn't expecting it right now! And then I was totally freaked out that something would start hurting but I feel fine. I'm not planning to make this happen while I'm awake but is it a bad thing for my healing? On the one hand I'm happy it felt normal and the same as it used to, on the other hand I'm a little freaked out.
Haha I had a sex dream as well. Lol the checkpoint for this week said a possible increased libido and nightmares so makes sense that sex dreams would be in the mix too. Lol.
Unread 08-09-2020, 06:50 AM

I've been resting and watching a lot of movies : ) I was wondering- Is it ok to sleep on your side and also bending down? I'm wondering if it will do something on the inside.
Unread 08-09-2020, 07:16 AM

While most of my recovery so far has involved pretty mild pain, easily managed with ibuprofen and acetaminophen, I have been dealing with stronger pain on my left side since Friday afternoon (8/7). It almost feels like I have road rash or something in that area (recalling memories of falling off my bike when I was 9), though there are no abnormalities visible externally besides the small incisions from the da Vinci procedure. I have an urge to position myself so my left side feels more elongated, and this seems to help a bit.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I saw some earlier posts discussing car rides, and one person said the vibrations can cause inflammation. I did take a car ride on Thursday night, right before this pain started, but it was pretty smooth overall. I also tried sitting upright more on Thursday and Friday, and perhaps pushed it too much. I went back to lying down in bed all day yesterday, but the pain is still here.
Unread 08-09-2020, 07:22 AM

Was wondering if sitting up (bent at the waist) is ok too.
Unread 08-09-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahme View Post
While most of my recovery so far has involved pretty mild pain, easily managed with ibuprofen and acetaminophen, I have been dealing with stronger pain on my left side since Friday afternoon (8/7). It almost feels like I have road rash or something in that area (recalling memories of falling off my bike when I was 9), though there are no abnormalities visible externally besides the small incisions from the da Vinci procedure. I have an urge to position myself so my left side feels more elongated, and this seems to help a bit.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I saw some earlier posts discussing car rides, and one person said the vibrations can cause inflammation. I did take a car ride on Thursday night, right before this pain started, but it was pretty smooth overall. I also tried sitting upright more on Thursday and Friday, and perhaps pushed it too much. I went back to lying down in bed all day yesterday, but the pain is still here.
I too have been having more left sided pain. I know everyone heals at a different pace . I did have my ovary adhered to that side of my abdominal wall before they removed robotically too. Yesterday was the first day I put clothes on but I too am having sharp pains especially left side . I have not been able to take ibuprofen since I restarted my blood thinners. I did have some constipation today so hopefully that helped.
Unread 08-09-2020, 04:19 PM

Sleeping orgasm does not sound problematic. Don't worry and I'm sure it happens more often than we know.

Changes in the manner of pain is normal too.

Sleeping on your side is fine, as long as you're comfy.
Unread 08-09-2020, 04:39 PM

I've had a tickle in my throat for 3 days now. At first my instinct was to avoid coughing for fear of pain, but I realized that might make things worse since coughing is the body's way of keeping lungs clear. So I read that a strong cough is ok hourly as long as I brace my incision. The coughing seems to be helping the tickle a little but it's still there, and it hurts to cough! I'm very frustrated. Wondering if Mucinex would help?
Unread 08-09-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel1221 View Post
I've had a tickle in my throat for 3 days now. At first my instinct was to avoid coughing for fear of pain, but I realized that might make things worse since coughing is the body's way of keeping lungs clear. So I read that a strong cough is ok hourly as long as I brace my incision. The coughing seems to be helping the tickle a little but it's still there, and it hurts to cough! I'm very frustrated. Wondering if Mucinex would help?
I did have a couple days where I had some thicker mucous in my throat and had to cough but I started to use my incentive spirometer More and that helped. Also warm teas or broth. I noticed I was doing more shallow breathing for a few days after surgery to avoid abdominal pain which is not good after anesthesia. I am also a former smoker too. That helped and went away after a few days.
Unread 08-09-2020, 09:22 PM

I've been experiencing increasing pain in my vagina area especially at night. Has anyone had this happen? I'm also still getting very fatigued late afternoon but could be due to the fact I have a hard time falling asleep (been taking Tylenol PM). Have my post-op check-up Tuesday do I'll definitely ask my doctor, but windering if anyone else has experienced this as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register