! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
!

My family thinks im a rock. NOT! While they are at school and work im on the computor searching, researching and trying to find answers. Trying to find out if this thing growing in me is cancer or not. Not getting many answers either. Trying to find out what "complex and septated" means. At 43 do these terms mean I have a highter chance of cancer or not. My CA125 level was low but they say its not used as diagnoses. All I am finding is more questions and not enough answers. Im sorry, im rambling.
Glad your here, I think I really need you guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2004, 04:13 PM
!

It's hard to be the one who is usually the strong one. Never felt so soft as when this all started. Am typically the one with the answers. But remember......this is the right place to look for information. Safe here. No one judges you and remember the old saying--The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Gain strengh from those here,I have!
Unread 03-19-2004, 04:37 PM
!

boy do i know what you are going through, i had the exact same thing to deal with and emotionally it is exhausting. i reasearched and read everything i could. i may be able to help with some of your answers if you care to pm with specific questions. i am post op now and had a cyst and fibroids. i had terrible worry over the cyst but before i went to surgery i had found enough answers to ease my mind... by the way they found no cancer so i can add to the statistics on the good side. i had sepated cyst and it was believed to be the size of a grapefuit.the sepated meant that it was one cyst with a divider in the middle... i was told their is a risk of cancer when their is tissue in the cyst. the wall in the cyst caused me to have tissue therefore i was at risk. most cysts are benign but when tissue is involved their becomes a greater risk, and women who are menapausal are at higher risk, family history also plays a part... my doctor put a 95% label on the ca125... she felt confident that it was a good predictor.i was told mine was normal before surgery therefore we felt 95% sure it was not cancerous... when you research the test it does not seem to be such a good detector, i believe that if the test is high that does not mean cancer because so many things can reflect its outcome...
but when normal it is a good detector... bottom line is you will not know until after surgery, and they do a pathology test during the surgery and have results before they close you up. so until then worrying is all you can do. i pushed for a quick surgery date so i would not go crazy waiting. i prepared for the worst, mentally, but i sure had everyone praying for the best... i wish you luck and want you to know that i am here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2004, 04:57 PM
!

Thankyou for your response. Im not sure if im more afraid of what they are going to find or afraid of sudden surgical menopause. I wasn't nearly this nervous when i had my hysterectomy.
Part of what is bothering me too is that I constantly feel this thing inside of me. Sometimes it hurts really bad other times I can just feel the pressure reminding me that its there. I cant even wear my usual clothes for very long. Im now living in sweats.
Im so happy to hear that you came through your surgery so well. That makes me feel alot better about his whole thing.
Thankyou so much

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register