Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020

Unread 07-05-2020, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2020, 01:52 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020

Hi,

Iím Fiona, Iím a 49 and turn 50 in early August. Iím due to have a hysterectomy scheduled for Weds (as long as I test negative for Covid on Monday). Iíve had fibroids over 8 years with various treatments. However I ended up in A&E six weeks ago due to urine retention and discovered my uterus size of 5 months pregnancy. Iíve had an injection to reduce the size of the fibroids and put me into medical menopause ahead of surgery. My operation will remove all my uterus except ovaries. My main concern is the recovery period. Iím due to take 3-4 weeks off work and my husband is going to be looking after me along side my 17 year old son (although doubt heíll do much). Iím otherwise fit and healthy as I exercise 5 days a week. Any advice on recovery?xx
Unread 07-05-2020, 04:39 AM

Hello, my name is Mio and Iím due to have a hysterectomy this Wednesday (July 8th) due to Adenomyosis. I will also go thru an excision for my endometriosis. Because of Covid and holidays the hospital hasnít given me the Pre-Op instructions, they promised to call Monday. So that got me a little nervous cause Iíd like to prepare better. Apart from that Iím looking forward to the surgery, and Iím confident that I have a very capable doctor!
Unread 07-05-2020, 05:29 AM

Good morning,

My name is Toshua and I will be having my hysterectomy surgery on Tuesday, July 07, 2020. I am so nervous. How can I relax more to ease my mind about this surgery? The reason for surgery is I have Fibroids and Polyps.
Unread 07-05-2020, 05:43 AM

Hello Fiona,

Happy early Birthday! I was thinking the same thing about recovery time as well as the pain. I pray that everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Unread 07-05-2020, 05:56 AM

Good morning Mio,

I can share some advice about my post- op visit. That will give you a little help. The night before surgery liens on your bed should clean. I was giving these wipes to use after I wash with anti-bacterial soap such as Dial &Lever 2000. I was also given an energy drink. It is Ensure Pre- Surgery drink. I will drink on the morning of my surgery at 5:30 AM. I will need to drink this in 10 minutes. Also, wash your hair when you are washing with the anti-bacterial soap.
Your Pre- Op nurse will advise you about any medication that can or can not be taken. I was also given the Spirometer to start practicing on. I finally got the hang of it.

I hope this help you out some and more questions just let me know. I pray for a speedy recovery and everything goes well.
Unread 07-05-2020, 05:58 AM

Hi.

My name is Jo and I'm having my op on Wednesday. I've been suffering with Adenomyosis since I was about 20 and the only time I had relief was when I was put into medical menopause during IVF cycles. Long story short but I hoped to have another child and that dream was taken from me and the plan was always to have a hysterectomy after the next baby so I decided to just get it done. I'll be leaving my ovaries so I won't be going into menopause yet.

I'm 45 and a single parent to an almost 5yr old and I've been recently diagnosed with chronic fatigue sydrome so I am a bit worried about recovery. My mum will be staying with me for a little while to help but that comes with it's own dramas haha (sorry mum...)

I'm also worried that I'll burst into tears at the last minute. I'm not sure if it's normal to get emotional about something like this, and I know I'm not having anymore kids but I feel like I'll forever have this little tiny empty space because I never had another baby and I'll probably never get over the reason why. Im really looking forward to not being in pain anymore, it's just a reminder of a very painful experience. Sorry for the rambling post xx
Unread 07-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Hello, Iím Kelly, 39, and having surgery Tuesday primarily for cervix removal due to HPV. This was originally scheduled for March however it had to be postponed as elective surgeries were cancelled due to Covid less than 48 hours before the procedure. I am so nervous it is going to happen again as the numbers are so awful around country.

Best wishes to everyone here today/this week. Hope everyone has speedy recoveries!
Unread 07-05-2020, 07:24 AM

Hi Toshua, Iím having surgery the same day as you. I was scheduled to have this in March and it had to be rescheduled. I was filled with fear in the weeks leading up to it. This time I am more in a get this over with attitude. I am trying to keep myself from worrying about pain, recovery and not being able to do much by focusing on the issues this will resolve for me and reminding myself of the women that seem to have had ideal recoveries and hoping Iím just like them. Worrying about situations we donít know will occur is not beneficial in this circumstance! Try to talk to your family or friends that are positive people, try to watch comedies, and work on getting yourself set up nicely so when you return home everything will be in order. (These are all things I am finding have helped me prepare this time.)

Best wishes!
Unread 07-05-2020, 07:45 AM

Hi there,
Iím Tanis. Iím 40, I getting surgery due to extremely heavy cramping and periods. My surgery is tomorrow. Iíve been anxious for weeks. Iím trying to be Strong, but Iíve been having nightmares and everything. Iíve spoken to my friends whoíve had the surgery and they say nothing but good things so Iím trying to be positive.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register