Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Unread 03-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

I'm 8 days post- op and taking this journey with one of my parents from my daycare (I had lapro, she had the full incision due to large fibroids). I had everything removed. Incisions don't bother me much, but OH, my colon! It feels like it was in a boxing match! Never lost my appetite, but it's taken almost a week to become regular again. The first two days of constipation were AWFUL. I'm finding as I take on more movement, I'm fine with that. Sitting in a chair as opposed to the couch results in a dull ache later in the day. I drove about 15-20 min running two errands (with my roomy accompanying in case I wanted to switch), and was achy about 4 hours later.

All of my friends who've had some sort of hysterectomy keep telling me I'm doing too much. The Mom I'm in touch with is three weeks post up, and still doesn't like sitting up for more than 5-10 min at a time. She is taking the full 6 week recommended time off and slowly increasing her "chair" time to go back to working from home.

I'd say take it easy or make sure work is ok if you end up needing to stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

For any of you who had a laparoscopic procedure -- are you feeling tension/ a pulling pain in your belly button as a sign you have "gone too far" with your movement?

We crack a lot of jokes in my family and it's hard not to laugh knowing I'll feel it in my belly button first.

I'm also trying really hard to rein in the coughing and sneezing but sometimes it's just beyond my control. OUCH
Unread 03-03-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espie73 View Post
For any of you who had a laparoscopic procedure -- are you feeling tension/ a pulling pain in your belly button as a sign you have "gone too far" with your movement?

We crack a lot of jokes in my family and it's hard not to laugh knowing I'll feel it in my belly button first.

I'm also trying really hard to rein in the coughing and sneezing but sometimes it's just beyond my control. OUCH
I feel that pulling pain in my belly button usually at night. And the sneezing is the worst!
Unread 03-04-2021, 12:30 AM

I feel the coughing in my colon area. Sneezing stinks, especially because I often sneeze 8 times in a row, almost never less than three! lol
Unread 03-04-2021, 06:55 AM

Yes, I am also sore around the belly button. It's funny because I also lost a bit of sensation below the belly button.

I didn't have a laparoscopic surgery though. I had a 11cm vertical incision that starts just below the belly button.
Unread 03-04-2021, 07:40 AM

Hi Ladies,

Feeling similar to man of you. Gas is painful, sneezing is the worst (also a multi-sneeze person). I dont have much of an appetite yet either. I also vomited on day 5 after surgery and that scared me - my diagphram was spasming so badly it was hard to breathe. I did manage to breathe through it but that was seriously scary, I imagined all kindsof internal bleeding and rippe stitches - plus the clean up was rough.

I have been at work for about 5 hours for two days this week and its ok as long as I get up and walk around regularly.

I still get tired easily and keep that in awareness.

Emotionally up and down, but rolling with it as best as I can.
Unread 03-04-2021, 05:33 PM

Hi ladies.

I had a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy on the 25th with DaVinci assisted robot. Post op was pretty intense. From the hospital notes, I stated rather loudly multiple times it hurts. I don't remember any of that but I came homes, rested on the sofa all afternoon. My surgery took about 2 hours from whaty husband told me. I haven't been on any pain medication since Tuesday but now starting to feel very sore on my right side and some pressure below my navel. I also had a bad allergic reaction the day after to the adhesive on the bandaids and blistered pretty badly.
Unread 03-05-2021, 05:18 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechos37 View Post
I kept my ovaries as well and have experienced a few time where I felt like I was having a hot flash. From what I understand, this is normal until our ovaries kick back into gear and realize what just happened to our bodies.

I think I overdid it a bit yesterday too, just in doing a little too much walking and moving around. I was pretty sore last night and tired.

I’m contemplating returning to work tomorrow, as I feel pretty good during the day and I work remote. Any thoughts from anyone?
Did you go back to work? I have been three days this week (my op was the 23rd). I didnt do full days, 4-5 hours, and it has been mostly ok. I dont eat at work - gas pains afterwards make it tricky. Finding that I have to get up and move very regularly to prevent cramping (mine is mainly the diaphragm, which I didnt expect). I hope if you did get to work, that it has been OK.
Unread 03-05-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrasail View Post
Did you go back to work? I have been three days this week (my op was the 23rd). I didnt do full days, 4-5 hours, and it has been mostly ok. I dont eat at work - gas pains afterwards make it tricky. Finding that I have to get up and move very regularly to prevent cramping (mine is mainly the diaphragm, which I didnt expect). I hope if you did get to work, that it has been OK.
Today is my first day back. I figured I would work today going through my emails and catching up on what has happened while I was out. I’m still remote so I’ll switch from my home office to my recliner to standing at my bar counter if I have to. I felt pretty good since Wednesday, so we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for asking. I hope your recovery is going well!
Unread 03-05-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espie73 View Post

yes! I also have one incision where the stitches feel a bit tight, so shifting sides in bed has been tricky.

Coughing, sneezing, laughing and gas - its like 4 of the 7 hysterectomy dwarves (and I apologise in advance if that makes you laugh).

Im a bit impressed that the incisions are healing so quickly. Very impressed by laparoscopic surgery, truly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register