Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 30, 2017 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 30, 2017 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 30, 2017

Unread 04-30-2017, 02:01 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 30, 2017

I hope it all goes well Alana. I'm sure it will.

Try not to worry about being on your own...I expect you will want to sleep most of the time anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2017, 02:04 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Apr 30, 2017

Hi Alana
Best of luck for tomorrow! It's an odd feeling isn't it, going in but not knowing exactly what they will take/leave. Hopefully things will go smoothly. Have you got a good book or something to take to occupy your time at the hospital? I am trying to view the waiting time by myself as an chance for a bit of piece and quiet away from the hectic life of work and a 3 year old at home! Best of luck tomorrow xx
Unread 04-30-2017, 02:10 AM

I would..the pillow is like having a hug, helps ease pressure or your belly being knocked accidentally and helps once we are upright a bit, too..more comfortable to read, and watch TV, for sure. Also, if you get swelling in your legs afterwards, as I've heard on here may happen, you can use it to raise them.

I've only got one book and 2 New DVDs, plus Fantastic Beasts and Where to Fi d them waiting for me. The book I am taking in for the wait. I looked at magazines, but not sure if any interest me. I might see what the latest Family History one is like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2017, 02:14 AM

fantastic beasts is amazing! Enjoy!
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:08 AM

Just thought of a silly question - what size bag is everyone bringing in?

I am taking a smallish rucksack with crocs, dressing gown, tissues, book, paperwork, pads and a hair band (and small amount of cash) and then getting my husband to bring in a small case afterwards with towels, wash bag, nightie, etc.

Is that too much? Was going to let him take the rucksack back with him.
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:17 AM

I am taking either a rucksack or overnight size bag, sounds like you will be fine with your rucksack and then other case for later x
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiCS View Post
I've sorted out my bedside drawers, so I have the essentials close by and bought a U shaped pillow, which is fab!

I think that's all we need to do, isn't it? I've got stool softener in, in case I want it when I get home, as well, cup-a-soups, smoothie and peppermint tea, as I don't like the sound of wind pain or worsening of constipation (another thing I hope will go afterwards).
Is this a neck sized pillow or a breastfeeding size pillow? TIA
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:56 AM

Hello! I'm scheduled for a TAH with a vertical incision on Friday, May 5th. Just keeping my ovaries unless they find a reason to take them. I really hope I get to keep them. This whole thing was a complete surprise as I didn't know I had a fibroid because I was asymptomatic. It's large enough that it's creating a hernia. So, that is also going to be repaired on Friday. Also having my last period ever right now. And only being allowed acetaminophen to cope with allergy induced sinus headaches and cramps isn't fun.

I'm still trying to get some stuff done around the house, but it's at least keeping me occupied. I'm also still working on transportation to and from school for my 2 boys.

I asked my hubs if he'd be able to keep the laundry going on schedule so I don't have to worry too much about it on the days I'm in the hospital. This is only an issue because for some reason, he only has enough socks and undies to make it through a week...not sure what happened there. He asked me to write down directions, so I did!
Unread 04-30-2017, 04:12 AM

I bought a 9ft U shaped pillow - eBay - they do them in 12 ft ones too. Mine cost £20 and included a case in choice of colours. I bought a spare case so it can be washed!
Unread 04-30-2017, 04:25 AM

Hi surgery buddies!

I'm scheduled for LAVH with left ovary/tube/cervix removal (right ones already gone) on Thursday the 4th and I can't wait! Just ready to hopefully end the endless pain and tiredness.

I have a 5cm fibroid on my uterus and an irregularly shaped ovary with complex mass (this is freaking me out a bit). My OB thinks its a dermoid or endometrioma but can't be sure until it's out. Had pre-op on Friday with blood work to repeat Ca125 levels ( it was 51.5 right before I had the right ovary removed last year) but Dr. thought nothing of it and chalked it up to the fibroid and cyst. Let's hope she was right.

I'm not really nervous about the surgery because I've had 2 previous surgeries but a bit worried that they will have to have open surgery due to adhesions.

Sorry so long. I wish all you ladies the best of luck and am so glad to have this thread!!

Anyone doing anything fun this week to keep your mind off of surgery?
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register