any princesses diagnosed w/ adeno prior to hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any princesses diagnosed w/ adeno prior to hyst any princesses diagnosed w/ adeno prior to hyst

Unread 06-27-2005, 02:36 PM
any princesses diagnosed w/ adeno prior to hyst

Just wondering if anyone was diagnosed w/ adenomyosis, and told that hyst was really your only alternative, only to have the pathology report come back with something different. dlw0420's post got me thinking. I think the more I research and read here at hystersisters and other medical sites the more I scare myself and my surgery is not until Aug. HELP!!! Thanks, Ang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2005, 06:12 PM

I was diagnoses with adeno. after an ultrasound and pathology showed fibroids. I'm actully not clear if that was in addition to the adeno or instead of. It really didn't matter to me. Whatever the cause, I was in pain and bleeding all the time and I feel soooo much better now, will be 12 weeks on Wed. Pathology also show that my uterus weighed 4 times a normal uterus, so I am glad to have it gone, it was only going to get worse. I wish you lots of luck and a speedy recovery!
Unread 06-27-2005, 11:53 PM

Dawskar,

I hope you didnt listen to my rantings too much. I get to doubting myself sometimes, and tell myself that so many other women have things so much worse than I do. I do know that I need this surgery to have a good quality of life, and to be able to go out and run in the yard w/ my kids again. I havent been able to do that in years. I do agree that we should get a second and even third or fourth opinion before rushing into this, but I have been told that I need this for almost 14 yrs.

My DH told me just this afternoon that I have been obsessing about my surgery. Translated to mean: you are reading too much about this and need to do something besides think live and breath hyster info. He's just trying to keep me sane I know, but he doesnt realize just how big this is for me.

Dont scare yourself outta this if you really do need it. Just remember that this surgery will take away the pain you have been dealing w/ for all this time, and that you wont have to deal with it ever again. Then there is the added bonus of no more periods ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2005, 07:20 AM
thanks dlw0420

I have done a fine job scaring my self out of this over and over and over, and I have only know about the hyst since 5/27. I have received a second opinion and he is actually the one going to do the surgery, long story. With the research I have done here and on medical web sites I know that this is the best thing. I have been on BCP since 1993, only just recently went off them after DH had a VAS now my symptoms are really flaring up, doc said BC controls the symptoms but not the spread of adeno. I figured out the other day that this is only my 5th full cycle off BC since I started them, WOW. Both of our babies happened very quickly, which I find funny because both docs say I never should have been able to get prego, with the adeno and the tilted uterus, my response, God wanted us to have babies, and I am so thankful for them. I know that this is what I need as things just keep getting worse everyday. After reading what other women had to say about adeno and regreting waiting with it, I know that I don't want to wait to long. SOmedays I sure wish I was having it sooner, LOL. THanks for your support dlw, and for your response lmp66. Ang
Unread 06-28-2005, 11:08 AM

I was diagnosed with adneomyosis before I had the hysterectomy. I was only given two options 1 take the Pill (which I can't due to severe headaches and it causes depression) or 2 a hysterectomy. I am glad that I chose the hysterectomy. I have been severly anemic for a while and don't think that I could take very much more blood loss.
Unread 06-28-2005, 03:17 PM

my pathology report has not come in yet, but I was told after a Laproscopic procedure I had adeno. I knew from research on the net that hyster was the only cure. For me it was a needle in the haystack to get this done for me. You see I am a caregiver for my husband who survived a stroke. And I have a large strong family history of breast and ovarian cancer. I was looking for a reason to get my surgery done to lower my risk of breast and ovarian cancer. So it was a solution for me. Whether or not the pathology report comes in with a different diagnosis doesn't matter to me for in the end I got really what I wanted; reduction in the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

Now to finish healing, I have come down with an infection and am working on clearing it up....

Ces.
Unread 06-29-2005, 09:01 AM

i was diagnosed with adeno through an MRI.

the radiologist was the one that made the diagnosis. my dr. was a little skeptical (sp) saying that only pathology would say for sure.

low and behold - diagnosis - severe adeno.

jane321
Unread 06-29-2005, 10:36 AM

I finally got a diagnosis of endo and adeno when I had a laprascope to drain my massive ovarian cyst. My only option other than the TAH/BSO was to do a Lupron treatment, but with my family history of endo and abnormal ovaries I figured that the Lupron would just buy some time but the hyst had to happen eventually.

I am 28 and had my TAH/BSO on 5/31 and am so happy that I did it! I was living with so much pain that frankly the hysterectomy has been a piece of cake, so much less pain than before.

My best advice is to have a positive attitude about the surgery, I refused to believe all the horror stories that I was hearing/reading. I have a wonderful Doctor who answered all of my questions and even backed me up on thinking positively, and put to rest all my fears of weight gain. After losing almost 70 lbs prior to surgery I was terrified to regain the weight, I worked hard to get in shape and I truly believe that my fitness level also helped me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register