Vaginal bleeding 7+ years post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal bleeding 7+ years post-op Vaginal bleeding 7+ years post-op

Unread 02-25-2020, 10:58 AM
Vaginal bleeding 7+ years post-op

Hello, July 2012 I had a vaginal hyster done. No problems at all. Several medical issues since then but I don't think any related to the surgery.

Today I noticed that I am bleeding some from the vagina. I also have kidney stones so wondered of myabe the blood is from there though I have no idea how it would get from my kidneys/bladder to vagina. I put a pad on to be sure, was gonna put a tampon in but since its not alot of bleeding and afraid I will be pulled apart taking it out of its dry, if you have ever done that you will know what I am talking about, it lieterally feels like you are being torn apart.

I called the surgeon, he told me to call my family dr since its past 18 months, they are closed today so here I sit afraid and by myself. I know they left the only ovary I had, I think they took my uterus and I thought they took my cervix but a friend said that they don't and I have a cervix still....so do i still have a cervix? lol I should know but I don't....if I have a cervix that gives me reason to be more anxious, if I don't think I will just carry on with life and assume it from kidney stones....because there is nothing in that space that would have any issues....right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2020, 01:49 PM
Re: No idea where to put this

Sorry about your doc being closed today. Waiting and worrying sux. Also sorry about what I have to write.

I don't have anything except a vagina. No cervix, etc. They took it all. Gyn-onc told me if I ever have any bleeding or unexplained discharge after I'm healed, I need to get to the doc ASAP, as it can be a symptom of cancer reoccurrence. There is also the possibility of a fistula that is an opening between different places that aren't normally connected like that. Or a yeast or bladder infection. Or a bunch of other things.

Please get into the doc the next day he/she is open. Stand-by, walk-in, cancellation, squeezing you in, urgent appointment, etc. Whatever to get seen ASAP.

Hopefully it's something benign/stupid/easy, but just in case it's not, you really, really want to know what it is ASAP so it can be taken care of as easily and effectively as possible.

God's blessings and perfect peace.
Unread 02-25-2020, 02:00 PM
Re: Vaginal bleeding 7+ years post-op

Your profile shows that you had a TVH. The TVH is one type of total hysterectomy and by definition, it means your entire uterus (which includes the cervix) was removed. A partial hysterectomy leaves the cervix portion of the uterus intact.

Hopefully your doctor will be able to determine the cause of the bleeding. Please update when you can once you find out the cause.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Re: Vaginal bleeding 7+ years post-op

that's what I had thought as well, but my aunt said I have one and so does she...I don't think I do. I remember there being a stitch and I seem to remember him talking about cuffing it so it wouldn't be opened so it makes sense that I wouldn't. Knowing that there is nothing in that space makes me feel a lot better but it also leaves me more concerned as to what exactly is bleeding and why ....cervical cancer wouldn't be a concern if there isn't one so that is a relief and probably what scared me the most. It could be a symptom from lupus I suppose as well, there seems to be so many different symptoms that some of us get and some that we never get....I will be on the phone first thing in the morning to the dr, but I do feel less stressed though knowing that it really is just an empty space.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register