Hormones vs Antidepressants | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormones vs Antidepressants Hormones vs Antidepressants

Unread 01-09-2021, 10:00 AM
Hormones vs Antidepressants

Hi all, I haven’t posted before. I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 32. I was on VDot patches after my surgery. No huge side effects except weight gain. In 2014, I was taken off of my estrogen patches and put on Zoloft due to having surgery. I stayed on Zoloft for over a year, no one told me when to go back on my hrt and the Zoloft was helping with the hot flashes. Over the last couple of years, I am struggling with depression and severe anxiety issues. I am thinking of going back to my estrogen patches because I feel like that is my whole reason for the anxiety this bad. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2021, 08:08 AM
Re: Hormones vs Antidepressants

Hi there! I had my hyster in 2009 and suffer from anxiety. I was maintaining on the anxiety front when I hit menopause about two years ago. Night sweats, hot flashes, anxiety that wouldn’t stop & couldn’t sleep. I discussed with my PC and she prescribed both Zoloft and estrogen patch. My life has been so much better. The rollercoaster of hormones goes deeper than hot flashes. It doesn’t hurt to discuss with your doctor and try both, see how you feel.
Unread 01-14-2021, 07:44 PM
Re: Hormones vs Antidepressants

I am glad I read this, I have been experiencing constant anxiety. It wakes me up at night and I am trying to figure out if my night sweats are bc the room is 65 to 64 and I have a ton of blankets, plus a.lomg sleeve shirt and socks bc I hang them out while sleeping. Lol
I took zoloft after each pregnancy due to post partum. I also took it the last deployment my husband went on. I know it works. Maybe I make an appointment with my obgyn, since she had hers when she was 32 and she understands this all.
I will let you know what she says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaJL View Post
I am glad I read this, I have been experiencing constant anxiety. It wakes me up at night and I am trying to figure out if my night sweats are bc the room is 65 to 64 and I have a ton of blankets, plus a.lomg sleeve shirt and socks bc I hang them out while sleeping. Lol
I took zoloft after each pregnancy due to post partum. I also took it the last deployment my husband went on. I know it works. Maybe I make an appointment with my obgyn, since she had hers when she was 32 and she understands this all.
I will let you know what she says.
Zoloft truly saved my sanity. I was constantly feeling out of control and more anxious than I’ve ever felt. When I finally realized I was entering menopause (no monthly period warnings cuz no uterus!), I knew that I had to seek medical help. I couldn’t continue feeling this way. It was affecting my work and my sleep. My hubby says it’s nice to see my smile again. Good luck with your obgyn!
Unread 01-14-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanagal View Post
Hi there! I had my hyster in 2009 and suffer from anxiety. I was maintaining on the anxiety front when I hit menopause about two years ago. Night sweats, hot flashes, anxiety that wouldn’t stop & couldn’t sleep. I discussed with my PC and she prescribed both Zoloft and estrogen patch. My life has been so much better. The rollercoaster of hormones goes deeper than hot flashes. It doesn’t hurt to discuss with your doctor and try both, see how you feel.
I am currently on Cymbalta, I wonder if the Zoloft would have been better to stay on and he could have adjusted my dose. I do know my sex drive is completely gone. Any help in that area with antidepressants? I spoke with my regular doctor and he doesn’t recommend estrogen patches since I have been off of them for 6 years.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register