Anybody from Pennsylvania - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Pennsylvania

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody from Pennsylvania Anybody from Pennsylvania

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Talking - Anybody from Pennsylvania hysterectomy not alone!!

I was living in pike county when I had my hysterectomy six years ago. I had a vaginal and kept my ovaries. I was good to go (meaning lifting, vacuming etc.. after a month) No fears. I just had my ovaries taken friday the 13 HA! Now I use the patch. Estradial .1 mg. night sweats all gone...I am 40. No worries mate. You will do fine and you are not alone. Actually, since the Hormone replacement therapy my neck has LOST wrinkles. Not only that, I feel sexy again!! No periods, white pants whenever I want, seven bucks a month in my pocket from the cost of "feminine hygeine" and oh yes, sex when I want without intrusion from the crimson wave (I never cared but some men are squeamish) chin up girlfriend! The pluses are awesome!! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Anybody from Pennsylvania

Poconowoman, I am about 2 hours east of Pittsburgh and 2 hours west of Harrisburg. I am about 1/2 away from where Flight 93 went down...if you seen the movie about Flight 93 the airport they mention right before the plane goes down (Johnstown, Cambria County Airport) is a 5 minute drive from my house.
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Pinkies, I had my hysterectomy on Friday the 13th! Doctor asked my if I was superstitous and I said nah I trust ya completely. He laughed. I have a awesume doctor so it didn't matter what day it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Hi all,
I'm like you pocono, glad to see more Pa women are joining in here.
Yeah thank god that the spring haws finally arrived. The only good thing about April snow is it melts fast. Glad everyone is ok these days.
I'm about 40 mins away from Tannersville, are you anywhere near there pocono? Talk to you all soon.
Kim
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:30 PM

Where exactly is Tannerville ..I think I heard of it.
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:02 PM

Hi Kim - Yes I am only 15 - 20 minutes from Tannersville.

Mistic - Tannersville is in the Poconos - Monroe County and you may have heard of it if you have ever heard a commercial for the Crossings Outlets - They are located in Tannersville.

Kim - Do you ever come down this way?

Nanette
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Nanette,
Yes, I love to go down there when I can get a chance. Did you go to Great Wolf Lodge? I was just there in March with my kids. They love it there.
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:15 PM

K2cuties - Hard to believe but have not made it there yet. One of my ds was invited to a birthday party but went camping instead. We will probably get there sometime this summer. I don't know if they will have it this year but last year, and we missed it to, they were holding specials where I think it was for $15 you could just go there to play. My kids have been to Camelbeach water park, Dorney water park and used to have birthdays parties in an indoor water park up at Timothy lake so they don't really ask to go there but I know if I mention it they never usually say no. How old are your kids? Mine will be very shortly 14 and 12. If you ever want to meet let me know. I would love to get together with any histersisters.
Nanette
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Thumbs up - Anybody from Pennsylvania from PA

I'm orginally from central PA between State College and Harrisburgh off 522, moved here (Ark) from the Pittsburgh area. Aunts and cousins still scattered around centra PA, Lancaster, and Hershey.
Victoria
Unread 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM

Hi Victoria, welcome to our group. I am tomorrow 11 weeks post op. Cannot believe how quickly time goes by. I see you are not going in till May 8th. I wish you a lot of luck.
Nanette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register