13 Years of pain coming to an end | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support > Endo/Adeno: Stories of Triumph Over Pain

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 Years of pain coming to an end 13 Years of pain coming to an end

Unread 10-18-2010, 10:39 AM
13 Years of pain coming to an end

I have been in pain since I was 13 years old. I am now 27. I found out in 2007 that I for sure had endo. I hurt so bad for so many years and no doctor would or could find what was hurting me. After about 25 doctors or so I was told that I may have endo, but that they would have to actually do a surgery to find out. Oh great! I tried for so many years to get pregnant. To be honest I started trying when I was 14. Yes, I know way to young to start right. I know that now, but it is a good thing that I tried to start so early because if I had waited I would never of had my two beautiful children. It took a team of doctors and a lot of meds to get me pregnant, but it finally hapened. After my second was born the doctor told me to have another was suicide. So, I said okay I have a boy and girl I can be done. I was blessed with the two. I scheduled a routine tubal and ended up in the hospital for four days. They could not go through my belly to tie my tubes because they were to thick with scar tissue. I came out of that surgery to the news that I have stage 3 endo. I was crushed this runs in my family and I seen my aunt go through this too. I cried for days. My doctor did nothing to stop the progression of the endo. Never even told me that they was anything he could do to try to stop it. He gave me pain pills for a few years to control the devastating pain but never anything to try to stop the endo. Couple of years went by and the pain got so bad pain pills was not helping at all. Granted I live with extreme pain everyday it becomes the norm, but it got so much worse and I was pucking blood and I felt like I was in labor all over again. I went to another doctor this time and I had to have my gallbladder removed because the endo had made so much scar tissue that it was crushing my other organs. At this time I had a four year old and a two year old. They did surgery for that and still this doctor did nothing or even disussed the endo with me and what it would do. A year later I was hurting again more severe than anytime before including labor. I was making gravy in my kitchen when something dropped me to my knees. My husband didn't know what to do for me so he gave me more pills. By this time he had lived with me being in pain for almost 7 or 8 years. The doctors never told me or him what to do about it and just handed out the pain killers. I went to my first doctor again and told him I want something done. I cannot take it anymore. I couldn't live a normal or happy life I couldn't enjoy my children. I couldn't even hold them because it hurt to much to move. The doctor finally agreed something was not right and ordered an ultrasound. During this ultrasound they found so many cysts and the endo layer was so thick that he scheduled me for surgery and put me on bed rest till that date. In March 2010 I had the first of 2 surgeries in 30 days. When I came out of surgery the doctor stated oh yeah guess what we need to do a complete hysterectomy with an ooperectomy and tube/cervix removal as well as try and remove the thickest layer of scare tissue he has ever seen. Great right? I was again on bed rest for 30 days till my next surgery the TLH and every thing else being taken out of me. After my surgery because he had to remove so much scare tissue I could not move and the pain killers would not work. The happy part of this story is that I sit here today in a small amount of pain telling you my story. After my hyster I felt and still do that I am going crazy. I ended up with what my new doctor tells me is PTSD, anxiety, depression. I am on so many pills trying to stabllize my mood and still do not know if they will ever get it right.

13 years of pain slowed to almost none at the age of 26. I feel like I am the younger person that has had to go through this and do not know where to turn. My parents have no idea what to do for me and neither does my husband. How do you get over that much pain for that long? You don't! You just get very medicated until you can find the right doctor that can help you cope with what you are going through. To look back at the many doctors that I seen over the years I know now that your instincts that something is wrong with you will always be right and search and search until you find a doctor that can help you fix the problem instead of hide it.

This is my long story of pain that I hope will help someone to try hard to get help when they know something is wrong. I had to go through this for 13 years and I am still going through problems from it, but I am on the road to recovery and I hope my story helps you to understand how hard and painful endometriosis really is.

Thank you,

Jacki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register