Wednesday January 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wednesday January 13 Wednesday January 13

Unread 01-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Wednesday January 13

Woke up to another power outage. I waited a while then went into the office to work on the computer. After a few hours I checked the outage hotline and it said I had no outage so I came home only to find yes the power was still out. So I wrote on paper and did meetings by phone and will put in the computer tomorrow. Very annoying but what can I do. I still got my work mostly done despite the aggravation.

My sick dog seems overall a bit worse but still very much wanting to eat and usually seems comfortable, but does have those moments of near panting that pass. He’s medicated and has his hospice appointment Friday so hoping for guidance and that he stays ok until then. I hope I will know when it’s time. In the past I’ve pretty much known but appointments at the vet or my being gone at work were problematic. This time I have a backup to the hospice who can come out within a day if needed. So hard to think about. I feed him canned chicken and treats to supplement his meals and my girl dog gets so jealous.

At work I got a sandwich and a protein plate with eggs, cheese and peanut butter with fruit. Didn’t want to open the fridge at home. No idea about dinner or maybe that was dinner.

Nirvana, I understand msny new people are adopting pets now, some on a whim, so maybe that’s a factor. I’m still upset about my rescue group believing false allegations about my home. Am I too old? I wonder how they expect someone to stay home with a dog who is working? I would think a retired person would be a good possible owner.

Hi Desk, Kim, Rita, heavensangel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2021, 07:23 PM
Re: Wednesday January 13

Hello Ladies,

Nirvana, thanks to you, your husband and all the truck drivers who are keeping everything moving. I don't live down south. Actually, I live in Chicago. It sounds like you had a beautiful walk.

Greyown and Desk, I'm also amazed at how hard it is for you to adopt a dog. Is it because it is a specific breed rescue? We go to animal control. We pick out a dog, pay the fees and that's it.

Greyown, power outages are so frustrating, especially at this time of year. Are you able to stay warm?

Kim, I think you're having more winter weather than us. It was 40° here today, and sunny! Until yesterday, we went 14 days without sunshine, just thick clouds. Very depressing.

My body is so mixed up. Yesterday I woke up at 4:30. Today I woke up at 8:30. I go to bed and can't sleep. I picked up some melatonin today, to see if that will help. I need to go back to work so I can get back to a routine.

I did my menu for the rest of the month, and went to the grocery store today. I try to go shopping only once a month, right now. Food was okay.
Br: oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins
Lunch was a container of Greek yogurt with raspberries
Dinner was sausage and orzo skillet
Snacks were miniature chocolates.F

Hi Heavensangel and anyone else who's following.
Unread 01-13-2021, 07:35 PM

Greyown you do seem to have quite a few power outages - are you being affected by the crazy rains out there? My niece in OR said she had never seen or heard such a hard rain in the 25 or 30 years she has lived there. When we have heavy rains around here, limbs break and trees topple, and the power is lost I hope you can get those issues resolved. You don't need that extra stress right now!

Nirvana, it sounds like you live fairly north. Lovely woods! I looked up the soup recipe, and it does sound delicious. I have the broccoli, maybe can just make a broccoli soup based on that recipe. I seem to have gotten lazy on making real food. As for dogs, we do have a couple of self-imposed restrictions on who we can adopt, as hubby was bitten as a child and has some fears about certain breeds, and then we must keep the size manageable, and no fence climbers (beagles are notorious for that). Half the rescues around here seem to be beagle mixes or other larger mixes, so we have been watching all the shelter web pages and looking for a dog that meets our needs, and whose needs we can meet. We have been turned down by the some rescue groups because we don't have another dog in the home, the fence is too low, the dog door is available, we have too many caregiving obligations, present and future potential, or we are too old for a young dog. Now I'm realizing that if it's hard to adopt a dog now, I'd better avoid a senior because I'd just have to go through it all again in a couple of years. A lovely one just showed up being fostered quite nearby, but she is 12. She could have many healthy years ahead of her, but we never know. When we took Ralph to the vet today, we saw our old vet who is still working part time and mentioned our situation. He said he is seeing a dog on Friday who may need to be re-homed, and he will let us know what the story is. Maybe, maybe. There are so many dogs, I also would adopt them all which is why I don't just walk into the shelter myself.

Due to vet visit, I only walked once today.
B - shake
L - spring mix with BC dressing and toast, 1 oz chips, fudge
D -spring mix, tomato, cheese, and mayo on toast, fudge and a pre-birthday brownie for hubby

I will regret these chips and of course the brownie, but the fudge makes me happy.

Hi Rita, Kim, Heavensangel!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2021, 07:43 PM

Hi Rita, I hope you do get back on a schedule. Sleep is important!
Yes, we have been working with herding breed rescues at this point, and the breed rescues can be more "discerning" I guess because they have many people applying for those dogs. See my reply to Nirvana for the rest of the reasons, I won't repeat all the details Also, the local shelters seem to have fewer dogs these days, most either too big or cat-aggressive. We happen to have a new ASPCA rehabilitation center nearby, but those dogs are all from hoarding or other unfortunate situations and may have special needs that we may not be prepared to deal with at this time. So, it's just more complicated now that we are older, and with COVID, we have potentially less mobility and therefore fewer training options. I appreciate the work all the rescue and shelter folks do, they save many lives.
Unread 01-13-2021, 08:33 PM

Unfortunately my mother is still without power all day and no ETA. She’s keeping warm and eating and I had given her lanterns so she can even read. I stayed warm enough and had lanterns but still. It’s due to heavy rain causing trees to fall, yes.

I have greyhounds and always have. However there aren’t as many available now. I’d love to switch to a smaller breed but would need to be careful because not all greyhounds are good with small dogs or cats. The shelter doesn’t have many dogs right now except pit bulls and I don’t trust them. I would like a small lazy dog. I was thinking maybe my girl dog could be an only dog then when she passed I could switch to a smaller breed, as one possibility but honestly I just don’t know. I do think covid pet adoption surges have made it harder to adopt just now. But last year when I adopted i was told I should retire to be home with the dogs and they didn’t like the dogs being in the back seat of the car, which is ridiculous. So maybe this is a new trend? Maybe I should go back to cats.
Unread 01-13-2021, 09:34 PM
Wednesday January 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
But last year when I adopted i was told I should retire to be home with the dogs and they didn’t like the dogs being in the back seat of the car, which is ridiculous. So maybe this is a new trend? Maybe I should go back to cats.
Not in the back seat? Then where, if you don’t have a van or something? Or maybe they meant crating? maybe you can start to downsize with a lurcher -a sight hound mix? It’s so hard to know what to do.

I sure hope you get your power back soon, and the rains move on for now.
Unread 01-13-2021, 11:53 PM

Desk, I do have a hatchback type car but store stuff in the back, plus it’s too high for them to jump up. Most people take their dogs in the backseat and it’s never been an issue before. I guess that rescue group has just gotten difficult to deal with now.

Both my mom and I have power again.
Unread 01-14-2021, 12:38 PM

greyown - I love Greyhounds....their coats are so soft. And they walk so regally. A long time ago we had looked into adopting one but they wanted us to sign a form stating that we would never let one of the leash.....even at home. We live in the woods with a huge yard and our dogs have always run free and know the boundaries and, of course, we are always outside with them anyways. On the road our dog is always on the leash for safety though. It just seems so ridiculous all these rules......you should strap a kennel to your roof and drive up and say will this work instead of the backseat?!! Just kidding, but man..........
Glad you got your power back? Can you imagine way back when???

Rita - Thanks! I wish there were more people like you around....there are a lot of angry (not to mention distracted) drivers on the road. Been through Chicago many, many times! Beautiful city!
I'm horrible if I don't get good sleep, hope the melatonin works. I just read an article about how chocolate could be the key to a good night's sleep. I knew there was a reason why I love chocolate!
I eat oatmeal everyday, I love it with raisins and Tedddy's chunky peanut butter mixed in.

Desk - I hope the soup works out! Maybe the dog on Friday that your vet is seeing will be the one...all our dogs have "come to us".
My brother was bitten by our grandparents beagle when he was little so he stays away from beagles. It is a scary ordeal to go through especially as a child.
Chips! I am a chipaholic....so much so that 2 years ago I vowed to not buy them anymore. I can't eat just one, or two, or twenty, I have to eat the whole giant bag, no willpower when it comes to those buggars. I stopped eating them, replaced them with nuts and lost about 5 lbs. But I MISS THEM!!

I have to clarify something - when I previously wrote that my do had her teeth removed, not all of them, just the bottom front two....didn't want you to all think I had all her teeth out! Plus, I am a weird vegetarian, I do eat seafood and love salmon.

Hi heavensangel! Kim!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register