Upcoming surgery and scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming surgery and scared Upcoming surgery and scared

Unread 05-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Re: may 27th the day scared

Quote:
Originally posted by LA MUTTA
HEY SISTERS
I am new here to the post been browsing for about a week and a have tried to sign on one time but someone already had the name i picked dont think i will have a problem with this one lol . even though no one was talking right to me i just want everyone to know you have helped me out with a lot of my questions and i have been there in my heart for a lot of you.
Anyway my surgery is may the 27th bladder work the sparc bladder sling anyone heard of that? Vaginal hyster. hopefully leave my ovaries.
I am bleeding so bad right now i just want it over have suffered for 4 years but would not go to the dr. till i almost bled to death. Hope i'm done by the time surgery.

Thanks to all i know i will drive you all crazy with my questions

treese
Hi Treese,
I'm also new to this site, It's wonderful and very refreshing to relate to other women about the same connections. My surgery also is May 27, Not sure on the time yet, TAH, Looking forward to the rewards once I'm feeling beter, Just wanted to wish you well, And thanks to all you hystersisters...... Little lese...................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2004, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the club Lil Lese

Welcome Lil Lese!
We're glad to add another LIW to the May 27 club. Are you in for the memorial service on Monday? I'm really looking forward to it now that I don't have to worry about cancer. I think I'm going to enjoy looking at all of the sale ads for Memorial Day specials knowing that surgery will be behind me by then. I think we also have a better chance of getting out of the hospital quickly because the doctors will want to free themselves up for the weekend.

Six more days!
Barb
Unread 05-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Upcoming surgery and scared

Next week at this time we will have the surg. behind us probably hooked up to a pain pump.I'm trying to think of the possitive but i'm sure i will be a basket case wed. night so glad i have you girls i pray we all have good and speedy recoveries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2004, 04:30 AM
Basket case?

Okay Treese- what will be your biggest Wednesday night concern, and how can we help?

I am definitely diggin' the idea of that pain pump, but when I had my gall bladder out, I really only needed it a few times. Let's just imagine that this will be the same.

When you feel tense, try looking on the other boards here. My post "lighten up with a puff-a-lump," got moved to the Friends Without Faces Chatter section, and I found several good funnies there. There are some funny hyster songs floating around this site somewhere also.
Unread 05-21-2004, 04:46 AM
calming technique

This is from my Zyban brochure, as I quite smoking last week. It says to do this 10 times:

Breate in deeply, say "I am"
Exhale out long and slowww....and say "Calm"

Yes, this time next Friday morning we will probably be looking at a tray of jello, juice, etc. This will all be behind us and it will be time to focus on healing/

My pre-op is Monday afternoon..I know I have to do bowel prep on Wed, not sure what the method will be yet.

Barb - I love your byline. Those are words to live by. I also saw one on another sister's signature: If God brings you to it, God with bring you through it."

Nancym
Unread 05-21-2004, 04:48 AM

Morning Barb
Guess my biggest concern is can this bunch make it without me. The castle is a good hour away if the traffics not bad so that means DH will probably make sure i am o.k and leave me there be lucky if he comes picks me up lol. I have to be there at 4.30 am and don't even know where to go hope i don't end up in the wrong operating room i have only seen my gyny twice once for the exam next to schedule the surgery i really liked him just hope i feel the same 6 weeks after the surg.

I had my blood work done tuesday at a clinic 15 miles away they were to fax the results to my dr.I Have learned a lot from this sight worried about the bladder sling my uro. says he has'nt had any complaints i've only seen him once too.
Unread 05-21-2004, 04:54 AM
4:30am is a bit early...but

The hospital might have an entrance "Patient Entrance" or something similar, don't worry. There will be people awake there to direct you. lol Just think, you'll be kinda sleepy sort of, and being in a sleepy "daze" will help you.

Even if you go in the wrong door, just ask someone, don't be shy.

You'll probably go to a pre-op staging area where the nurse will greet you & get you situated in your fabulous princess gown and ask you if you have peed, etc...Don't worry, they'll get you to the right o.r.

We're up early this am, eh?
Unread 05-21-2004, 05:10 AM
Family Learning Experience

Treese:
This may just be a great independence learning experience for your family. Either that or a good 'walk a mile in my shoes' experience for DH. They'll get through it, and probably be closer to each other after. If DH drops you off and just picks you up after, replace him in your affections with the pain pump. Are there a lot of people for him to care for at home? Are they young?

Nancym: That "if God brings you to it" one got my sister through a broken leg, 9 months of not healing, and surgery - it's a good one.

This is our last heavy Friday! We'll be lighter next Friday, and with the help of some wonder drugs, hopefully floating above that castle room!
Unread 05-21-2004, 05:14 AM

Nancym

Glad to hear you quit smoking i am going crazy thinking who can come wheel me out find a corner i can get a puff no smoking after 10 wed. night i will be so nervous i use them as an excuse they calm my nerves the uro. spent more time trying to get me to stop smoking than explaining the proc. he was gonna do i am on zoloft i kept saying i'm smoking to much and my sil was on it for a month and she said she got off because of smoking too much the uro.said he could put me on welbutrin while in the castle he said it had zyban in it he said the nicotine would be out of my system by the time i went home but dh smokes too so he would have to quit too. I keep thing on the way to the castle he can exhale i can smell it then when they ask me if i smoked i can say oh no such a nasty addiction.
Unread 05-21-2004, 05:15 AM
reply bladder sling

One more thing Treese:
There is a forum for bladder concerns on here. You might want to check it out. Your uro says he hasn't had any complaints? That was sensitive and thoughtful. Check the forum and see if your HysterSisters can give you more support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register