Thursday June 17th is the day and am scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thursday June 17th is the day and am scared Thursday June 17th is the day and am scared

Unread 06-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Thursday June 17th is the day and am scared

Hi Ladies,

I had put a message in about taking Lupron, and I had received feedback about getting a second opinion about the medication. So I saw my medical doctor that I have had since I was 9 years old (I'm 28 will be 29 on the 15th of June) and he said that the medication wouldnt do anything for me but cause more problems so I am going to have surgery to have just the uterus removed. I get to keep my ovaries, so I dont go into early menopause but it is something that needs to be done. I am scared out of my wits right now, I cant even think straight. I know that many of you have experienced this so I am glad that I had found this site. Sometimes you feel like your the only one. For me I feel as if I wont be a whole person after this, did anyone else feel this way? But also I read some of you say that you feel alot better and have been alot better, I hope I will have the same feelings.

What kind of clothing should I wear after the surgery? Is it better to have drawstring pants or shorts over elastic band clothing? I live in AZ, do you experience those cold and hot points. I know that I need a lot of pillows. :0} And I am doing this on my own, I'm single I have friends but they wont be there everyday. AHHHH! :0}

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2004, 10:12 AM

Hey sister, Just a little note to say first, Happy Birthday and to let you know that it will be ok. I am 6 weeks post op and feel great! I had the same as you and feel completly normal. I told my DH that It feels so normal I question if she took my uterus out! I feel no different at all. Yes, you should wear elestic or drawstring pants or capris. I know your scared, I was too but we are here for you and will be the day oif surgery. We will be there holding you hand in spirit. Try to set up somewhat of a dinner schedule with your friends, they want to help but you have to spell it out to them. Good Luck Girl and try to rest alot for at least the first 20 days. Cindy
Unread 06-09-2004, 09:57 PM

Dear MissCrickett We share the same date to visit the castle I will be thinking about you and you will be in my
Its a scarey time but just think how glad we will be when its over Remember girlfriend you are not alone Best of Luck to You I will post to you when I get home
Love Abby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 06:18 AM

Hi, I understand your feeling - I'm happy to say that I still feel like a whole person after my hyst. Just a much relieved one that my tumor was benign.

Have you checked out the pre op articles and post op articles They are full of great info.

Maybe you could get with your friends and set up a tentative schedule with them for your first few days at home so that you can get the help that you'll need.

I wore my loose gowns for the first week or so and then whatever was the most comfortable for each situation. Mostly shorts with loose elastic waists and loose dresses. It's pretty hot here in the summer.

Also, would you please add your surgery date to your profile so that you'll be in the best wishes list for that day?

s
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Thank you

Thank you all so much for the information and the support. I wont be able to post til about 2 weeks after my surgery but I will be in here to see if there are any new post op advise.

I will pray for you Abby, you and I are on the same page, its frightening but I just have to remember that G*d is with me, and that He wont let anything happen to me, that I will taken care of and I have a lot of support.

I've been having a lot of headaches because I've been worrying too much, I pray that I stop being a worry wort and that there are other people out there just like me. :0}
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:28 PM

Lady Crickett,

You are in my . I'll be thinking about you on your day in the castle. We Ladies in Waiting have to stick together to become Princesses! LOL You'll be fine! We are *all* here to support you in spirit!

s

ShawneeBear

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register