Scheduled TVH Where did these nerves come from? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Where did these nerves come from? Where did these nerves come from?

Unread 01-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Re: Where did these nerves come from?

I am one week away and I am feeling the same way. I have no attachment to my uterus or cervix so that's not the issue.

I am a mess. Almost like I can't breathe, I can't sleep at night, all my thoughts are consumed by this surgery. The what if's....I just want to know how I am going to get through this week!

I almost feel like canceling this surgery and deal with what I have been dealing with for the past 20 years at least I know what to expect.

The not knowing is driving me crazy. I know I am having a TAH....but I don't know if my ovaries will be in good enough shape to keep. Then I don't know what I am going to do or what to expect. Will I be an instant B*** and wake up in a pool of sweat?? Do I want HRT, even though my mom and aunts say no since my grandmother had breast cancer? Do I want to just wing it? Do I want to try natural Estrotone that GNC sells?

Just know your not alone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2010, 11:01 AM

i was actually excited to schedule my sugery and now im getting anxious thinkin omg can i get it all done.. ive been doing a little at the time but. wow.. time is flying. my preop is Feb 8th and my surgery the 15th.. ive got a list started to ask at preop.
Unread 01-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Suzanne (you have such a great name!!!!!)
It is sooooo normal to be nervous and afraid.

You will all get through and be posting on the other side.

Please don't forget us in pre-op!!!!!!!!

All the best
Hugs,
Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM

I understand how you feel. It is hard to get everything done at some point you realize you can't. Trying to get everything done does take your mind off the fact you are having major surgery. Mine was planned 4 months in advance and all of sudden 2 days before I was a basket case. I was so nervous all day. The day before I was so busy at work and driving the 1 1/2 hrs to hotel so I could start bowel prep I was fine. The morning of surgery I was not nervous. There is a thread in post op call anybody happy. Lots of ladies have posted how happy they are to have had a hyst. It is a great thread. Soon you will be able to post how happy you are. You have made the right decision. Soon you will not be having the pain or problem which is causing you to have a hyst. I am glad my prolapse is gone and would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck ladies you will be fine. It is normal to be nervous.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register