Embroidery sewing machine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > There's No Place Like Home

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Embroidery sewing machine Embroidery sewing machine

Unread 08-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Embroidery sewing machine

My DH bought me a computerized embroidery sewing machine. I finally managed to learn how to use the computer part and I'm having a blast. I still have ooops' happen - like when I forgot to rotate the design before I started stitching. My cat was sideways on my t-shirt. The mistakes are getting fewer
My biggest problem is that I want to spend ALL of my time sewing - there's so much that you can do. I told my DH that if he wanted clean socks, he shouldn't have bought me the machine

Anyone else enjoy doing this? I could use some hints and ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2008, 07:37 PM

Oooooh, I saw one of those being demo'd at Jo-Ann's. Nobody was at the table, the machine was just busily doing a pretty design all by itself

Have fun!!
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM

Jeanus,

I have an embroidery sewing machine that I inherited last fall. I have been playing with it a little, but haven't had a whole lot of time to work with it. It is really fun - I have done a couple of towels and a briefcase.

teddyg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2008, 03:14 PM

I started out with a Brother home embroidery machine. I loved it. But then thought I could make money doing this. So eventually I bought a commercial machine. It was a big step, lots of learning, even still learn something new everyday. I only do it parttime, but it does earn me some extra money.
And I can always make something for gifts!
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:44 AM

A commercial machine! I am so jealous. I have 2 Brothers now; DH bought a smaller one when the first one had to go in to be serviced. The serviceman is so busy, it usually takes a few weeks.
I've been having a lot of fun - I can't seem to get enough designs - always want more....
I'm making lots of gifts and have started taking a few orders for extra cash too
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:52 AM

I started off with a brother machine 13 years ago and now I have 4 commercial machines and 2 staff plus me. We live in a small townof 5500 but plenty of work to keep all 12 embroidery heads busy. If u need toknow anything I would be happy to see if i could help. It doesn't excite me as much as it used to but I do really enjoy doing it as a profession.
Unread 11-14-2008, 07:25 AM

Thanks
I do sometimes run across a problem and have had to search for answers.

Unread 03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Re: Embroidery sewing machine

My mother and I have a quilt shop together. I have a regular sewing machine, a full size sewing/embroidery combo and I'm also a longarm quilter on a Gammill professional quilting machine that is 14 feet long! We have gone back and forth and around again trying to decide if we'll buy a commercial embroidery machine, but I would more than likely be the one running it and I already have a 6-8 month wait for my quilting services!
Embroidery is a lot of fun, I just don't have a lot of extra time to do it!
Unread 03-22-2010, 05:53 AM

I love to sew and embroider
I haven't quilted much, maybe one day.. You must be really good to have such a long waiting list!

Unread 12-03-2013, 10:18 AM

I have an embroidery sewing machine. I use it a lot for sewing but haven't had the time to learn how to use the embroidery part. I think that will be my next project, after I finish the quilt I started.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register