period returns after two years? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

period returns after two years? period returns after two years?

Unread 02-25-2020, 04:30 PM
period returns after two years?

Hey all,

I had an LSH in February of 2017 and kept my cervix. For about a year after the surgery, I had very minor spotting during my cycle and then it went away. In fact, my cycles seemed to diminish as well--not gone but less. Three months ago I had tender breasts and deep exhaustion and then spotting again! And then the next month and again this month. It's exactly as my cycle has always been--breast tenderness, deep sleep and crazy dreams, quick to anger, and 28 days in between. I have always been very regular. Anyone have any idea why it would stop for almost two years and then return? The spotting is about once on the day it happens and minor, and because it's truly during my cycle, I'm not all that worried. It's just odd that it came back. Would love any insight anyone has. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2020, 03:29 AM
Re: period returns after two years?

It's been a few months since you posted this. Has the cyclical bleeding continued? Given your age posted on your Profile Page, my thought is that you're in perimenopause where you've stopped ovulating regularly, but not completely, and your hormone levels are out of whack. This phase can last anywhere from two to ten years, and until you hit menopause the mini-periods can "come back". The definition of menopause is when you have gone without a menstrual cycle for twelve months. After a hysterectomy, most women don't have the equipment left to tell them when their cycles have ended and have to figure it out through other symptoms. In a strange way, your mini-periods are still a signal to you and they sound pretty reliable.

You can read more in our article Perimenopause vs. Natural Menopause.

Unread 07-29-2020, 10:07 PM
period returns after two years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird13 View Post
Hey all,

I had an LSH in February of 2017 and kept my cervix. For about a year after the surgery, I had very minor spotting during my cycle and then it went away. In fact, my cycles seemed to diminish as well--not gone but less. Three months ago I had tender breasts and deep exhaustion and then spotting again! And then the next month and again this month. It's exactly as my cycle has always been--breast tenderness, deep sleep and crazy dreams, quick to anger, and 28 days in between. I have always been very regular. Anyone have any idea why it would stop for almost two years and then return? The spotting is about once on the day it happens and minor, and because it's truly during my cycle, I'm not all that worried. It's just odd that it came back. Would love any insight anyone has. Thanks!
I’m going through this now. Definitely freaking me out! How did things turn out for you?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register