Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Unread 02-23-2021, 12:21 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum_pixel View Post
Hi everyone!
I had my 2 week post op appt with my doctor today and all is going well. I had a TLH and bladder sling, and I'm having twinges of discomfort down my leg but I think it's from the sling. The dr was in a big hurry and was super short with me so I didnt feel comfortable asking her a bunch of questions, even though I know I should have. I was told I can lift up to 15 lbs now and she'll see me in 4 weeks. How has everyone's 2 week appt gone if you had one? Anything you were released to do that you couldn't before?
Hmmmm. I don’t ever like to question a doctor, and I rarely do.... but lifting 15 pounds, especially with a bladder sling, seems overly heavy/ambitious to me. I had a bladder lift plus a total hysterectomy and had to be super cautious for the first few months - 10 lbs was my limit.

Since she rushed you, (sorry - that happened to me too, so I ended up seeing my internist and gyno) please call the nurse to clarify. I just always like to err on the side of caution.

I’m a worrier so please just double-check.

Many women who have repairs as myself with a lift but also
cystocele, and rectocele repairs etc., do have lifetime lifting restrictions in order to maintain their surgery. However, it was nearly a year before I could lift more than 10 pounds without feeling it in my lower pelvis--so I just made sure that I paid attention to my body and had others doing lifting for me when possible. I still have to be super careful.

The important thing is that even after your restrictions are lifted, you should still increase activity and weight gradually. Just because you're allowed to lift a certain amount, doesn't mean you should do so right away.

Whatever restrictions your doctor gives you, be sure to ask for specifics. If you are told "no heavy lifting," ask for a weight limit and a timeframe for that.

What one woman requires in recovery may not apply to you, and it will set your mind at ease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2021, 12:50 PM
Exclamation - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Well, I got admitted to the hospital today for some type of infection. I just had 4 liters of fluid drained from my abdomen and on antibiotics. They couldn’t see infection anywhere so the on call ob gyn said it could be peritonitis, which is serious and needs to be treated.

The admitting hospital was a little weird to me about everything bc it is my local hospital yet my surgery was with someone in another state 5 hours away. They said maybe I should go up there. At that point I said, that’s not feasible. I had already been stabbed 7 times for blood and IVs. I really didn’t want to leave without being treated much less make my husband drive me 5 hours in the middle of the night.

I had my post op televisit yesterday before my blood work came back from quick care telling me to go to the hospital and he was also disappointed I wasn’t feeling much better yet. My path all
Came came back endo and adenomyosis, so I feel validated that was confirmed.
Unread 02-23-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
Hmmmm. I don’t ever like to question a doctor, and I rarely do.... but lifting 15 pounds, especially with a bladder sling, seems overly heavy/ambitious to me. I had a bladder lift plus a total hysterectomy and had to be super cautious for the first few months - 10 lbs was my limit.

Since she rushed you, (sorry - that happened to me too, so I ended up seeing my internist and gyno) please call the nurse to clarify. I just always like to err on the side of caution.

I’m a worrier so please just double-check.

Many women who have repairs as myself with a lift but also
cystocele, and rectocele repairs etc., do have lifetime lifting restrictions in order to maintain their surgery. However, it was nearly a year before I could lift more than 10 pounds without feeling it in my lower pelvis--so I just made sure that I paid attention to my body and had others doing lifting for me when possible. I still have to be super careful.

The important thing is that even after your restrictions are lifted, you should still increase activity and weight gradually. Just because you're allowed to lift a certain amount, doesn't mean you should do so right away.

Whatever restrictions your doctor gives you, be sure to ask for specifics. If you are told "no heavy lifting," ask for a weight limit and a timeframe for that.

What one woman requires in recovery may not apply to you, and it will set your mind at ease.
Thank you for that! I felt like 15 lbs was a lot, too. I didn't know there would be such restrictions (especially maybe lifetime!) after my sling. I have a call in to a different nurse but either way I think I'd rather be cautious and not lift anything too heavy because I still feel pressure when I lift 5 lbs.
Unread 02-23-2021, 02:16 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by britabee View Post
Well, I got admitted to the hospital today for some type of infection. I just had 4 liters of fluid drained from my abdomen and on antibiotics. They couldn’t see infection anywhere so the on call ob gyn said it could be peritonitis, which is serious and needs to be treated.

The admitting hospital was a little weird to me about everything bc it is my local hospital yet my surgery was with someone in another state 5 hours away. They said maybe I should go up there. At that point I said, that’s not feasible. I had already been stabbed 7 times for blood and IVs. I really didn’t want to leave without being treated much less make my husband drive me 5 hours in the middle of the night.

I had my post op televisit yesterday before my blood work came back from quick care telling me to go to the hospital and he was also disappointed I wasn’t feeling much better yet. My path all
I’m am so sorry to hear of this development but I’m glad you listened to your body. You’ve known for days “something” has been off with all that fluid. I think you made the smart decision to go to the local hospital. Driving 5 hours with an infection would be beyond taxing on you and spouse.
I’m hoping you will respond to the antibiotics.
❤️ Sending healing thoughts
Unread 02-23-2021, 02:24 PM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Quote:

So sorry to hear this but glad you got some help and hoping you are now on the road to recovery. Rest up thoughts are with you
Unread 02-23-2021, 03:22 PM

Thank you so much!
Unread 02-23-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:

I’m sorry to hear this Britabee. Hang in there. Just because people should be compassionate in their jobs obviously does not make it so. You will be in my prayers. And I agree it is validating to have a reason for all of the pain.
Unread 02-23-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! That sounds so scary and stressful.

I had my 2-week follow up visit today. My incisions have healed well and I'm cleared to lift up to 10 pounds now!

I talked to my doctor about the nausea and she said that I should just eat less. I said that the only thing I'd eaten was a hard boiled egg, and then I felt like I was going to throw up for the next 4 hours. She just said to eat less, again, but I don't know how much less I could eat and still be nourished!

I'm also upset about it because I had been on medication a year and a half ago that made me this level of nauseous and I became severely malnourished and lost 12 pounds in a week. It's bringing back bad memories.
Unread 02-23-2021, 05:22 PM

Oh my gosh! That’s not a helpful response. And medical trauma is real, so I can see why you’d be feeling like you did back then. Take care and I’m thinking of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricHarp View Post
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! That sounds so scary and stressful.

I had my 2-week follow up visit today. My incisions have healed well and I'm cleared to lift up to 10 pounds now!

I talked to my doctor about the nausea and she said that I should just eat less. I said that the only thing I'd eaten was a hard boiled egg, and then I felt like I was going to throw up for the next 4 hours. She just said to eat less, again, but I don't know how much less I could eat and still be nourished!

I'm also upset about it because I had been on medication a year and a half ago that made me this level of nauseous and I became severely malnourished and lost 12 pounds in a week. It's bringing back bad memories.
Unread 02-23-2021, 05:24 PM

Thank you, Sunnyshines! So far I feel relief from the pressure of all the fluid, but I’m more tender again more like I would be freshly out of surgery. Hopefully, these cultures find something later today or tomorrow. They’re going to let me eat now, so I’m going to do my very best even though I’ve barely eaten lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyshines View Post
I’m sorry to hear this Britabee. Hang in there. Just because people should be compassionate in their jobs obviously does not make it so. You will be in my prayers. And I agree it is validating to have a reason for all of the pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register